- Becoming adherent to antipsychotics: a qualitative study of treatment-experienced schizophrenia patients
Department of Psychiatry, University of Montreal, Montreal, C P 6128 Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec H3C 3J7, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 62:888-92. 2011
..The aim of this study was to complement a largely quantitative body of research by focusing on patients' perspectives on the topic...
- Changing the name of schizophrenia: patient perspectives and implications for DSM-V
Department of Psychiatry, University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e55998. 2013
..Preeminent researchers proposed its replacement with the salience syndrome concept, arguing for increased validity and less stigmatizing potential. This is the first study exploring the effects on stigma of this nosological proposal...
- Somatic augmentation strategies in clozapine resistance--what facts?
Psychiatry Department, University of Montréal Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:34-44. 2006
..Several somatic augmentation strategies are proposed in the scientific literature, with different levels of evidence for safety and efficacy...
- Early intervention in psychosis: a case study on normal and pathological
Department of Social Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cult Med Psychiatry 33:608-22. 2009
..The exploration of this shared space reveals the normative and moral values embedded in the concept of DUP and suggests alternative ways of understanding the help-seeking behaviors in early psychosis...
- Should we treat auditory hallucinations with repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation? A metaanalysis
Hôpital Louis H, Lafontaine, Montreal, Quebec
Can J Psychiatry 53:577-86. 2008
..Our aim is to apply a metaanalytic approach to exploring the efficacy of rTMS in treating medication-resistant AH...
- A prototype approach toward antipsychotic medication adherence in schizophrenia
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 17:35-40. 2009
..In this scheme, drug attitude and worldview are key variables for adherence; both can be ascertained during the clinical interview and quantified with rating scales...
- The paradox of quetiapine in obsessive-compulsive disorder
Department of Psychiatry, Louis H Lafontaine Hospital, Montreal, Canada
CNS Spectr 10:356-61. 2005
..The discussion emphasizes the prognostic implications of OCS in schizophrenia and available therapies for this comorbidity...
- Insight in first episode psychosis: who is measuring what?
Douglas Hospital Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Early Interv Psychiatry 2:34-41. 2008
..To compare different self-administered or clinician-rated insight scales in an FEP population...
- Benefits and risks of antipsychotic polypharmacy: an evidence-based review of the literature
Fernand Seguin Research Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Drug Saf 31:7-20. 2008
..Particular weaknesses of the present literature are low number of participants, lack of adequate control of confounding variables, short duration of experimental follow-up and inadequate monitoring of potential adverse effects...
- Insight and psychosis: comparing the perspectives of patient, entourage and clinician
University of Montreal, Department of Psychiatry, Montreal, Canada
Int J Soc Psychiatry 54:225-41. 2008
..Current definitions and measures of insight do not give systematic attention to the impact of interpersonal, cultural and socio-economic contexts...
- [Diabetes and schizophrenia, which links?]
Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Montreal, Quebec
Presse Med 32:1566-71. 2003
- Augmentation strategies of clozapine with antipsychotics in the treatment of ultraresistant schizophrenia
Service hospitalo universitaire de santé mentale et de thérapeutique, Université René Descartes and INSERM E0117, Sainte Anne Hospital, 7 rue Cabanis, 75014 Paris, France
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:28-33. 2006
..Among these strategies, the combined use of clozapine with another antipsychotic has been reported for up to 35% of patients receiving clozapine...
- [Antipsychotic drugs. Risk factors for diabetes]
Centre de Recherche Fernand Seguin, Montreal, QC
Presse Med 32:1612-7. 2003
..The only tendency that has been reproduced in several studies concerns the increased risk associated with dibenzodiazepine antipsychotics (clozapine and olanzapine), compared with the other antipsychotics...