- Traumatic brain injury among people who are homeless: a systematic review
Trauma and Neurosurgery Program, Keenan Research Center of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St, Michael s Hospital Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Bond 3 012, Toronto, ON M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:1059. 2012
..The objective of this systematic review was to review the current state of the literature on TBI and homelessness in order to identify knowledge gaps and direct future research...
- Evaluation of an online cognitive behavioural therapy program by patients with traumatic brain injury and depression
Trauma and Neurosurgery Program, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Brain Inj 24:762-72. 2010
..This study examined whether internet-delivered cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) could be appropriate and effective for patients with mild or moderate TBI and depression...
- Patient satisfaction and documentation of pain assessments and management after implementing the adult nonverbal pain scale
St Michael s Hospital in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Crit Care 19:345-54; quiz 355. 2010
..Accurate assessment and management of pain in critically ill patients who are nonverbal or cognitively impaired is challenging. No widely accepted assessment tool is currently in place for assessing pain in these patients...
- The value of serum biomarkers in prediction models of outcome after mild traumatic brain injury
Trauma and Neurosurgery Program, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Trauma 71:S478-86. 2011
..To determine, using a civilian model of mild traumatic brain injury (TBI), the added value of biomarker sampling upon prognostication of outcome at 1 week and 6 weeks postinjury...
- Controlled blast exposure during forced explosive entry training and mild traumatic brain injury
Andrew J Baker
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Trauma 71:S472-7. 2011
..The purpose of this investigation was to test the feasibility of implementing a research protocol in the context of a forced explosive entry training course...
- Depression and anxiety in parent versus spouse caregivers of adult patients with traumatic brain injury: a systematic review
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Neuropsychol Rehabil 23:1-18. 2013
..There is a need for qualitative and quantitative research designs in order to elucidate the factors that put caregivers at risk for depression and anxiety...