- Anatomic and radiographic comparison of arthroscopic suprapectoral and open subpectoral biceps tenodesis sites
Adam M Johannsen
Marc Tompkins, University of Minnesota, 2450 Riverside Avenue South, Suite R200, Minneapolis, MN 55454
Am J Sports Med 41:2919-24. 2013
..A central limitation to the widespread use of an arthroscopic approach for biceps tenodesis is that the tendon may be tenodesed too proximally in the bicipital groove, leading to persistent pain and tendinopathy. Purpose/..
- Preliminary results of a novel single-stage cartilage restoration technique: particulated juvenile articular cartilage allograft for chondral defects of the patella
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, U S A Electronic address
Arthroscopy 29:1661-70. 2013
..To evaluate outcomes and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings after use of particulated juvenile cartilage for the treatment of focal Outerbridge grade 4 articular cartilage defects of the patella...
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction femoral tunnel characteristics using an accessory medial portal versus traditional transtibial drilling
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Arthroscopy 29:550-5. 2013
..To evaluate anterior cruciate ligament femoral tunnel characteristics using an accessory medial (AM) portal and transtibial (TT) drilling...
- Femoral tunnel length in primary anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction using an accessory medial portal
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454, USA
Arthroscopy 29:238-43. 2013
- Anatomic femoral tunnels in posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: inside-out versus outside-in drilling
University of Minnesota, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Minneapolis, 55454, USA
Am J Sports Med 41:43-50. 2013
..During posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) reconstruction, the placement and orientation of the femoral tunnel is critical to postoperative PCL function...
- Anatomic femoral tunnel drilling in anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: use of an accessory medial portal versus traditional transtibial drilling
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:1313-21. 2012
..Independent femoral tunnel drilling can then be performed through an accessory medial portal, medial and inferior to the standard anteromedial portal...
- Hemiepiphyseal stapling for ankle valgus in multiple hereditary exostoses
Alpert Brown Medical School, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 41:E23-6. 2012
..This procedure is useful in the management of ankle valgus in multiple hereditary exostoses...
- The use of a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic sleep-aid (Zolpidem) in patients undergoing ACL reconstruction: a randomized controlled clinical trial
Department of Orthopaedics, Alpert Brown Medical School Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:787-91. 2011
- Contact area and pressure in suture bridge rotator cuff repair using knotless lateral anchors
Department of Orthopaedics, Alpert Brown Medical School, Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:1788-93. 2011
..The hypothesis was that knotless lateral anchors would produce better contact area and pressure parameters than the other two constructs...
- Complications related to anatomic reconstruction of the coracoclavicular ligaments
Matthew D Milewski
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:1628-34. 2012
- Tissue anchor use in arthroscopic glenohumeral surgery
David R Diduch
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 20:459-71. 2012
..Current anchors can be categorized by design and material composition. Awareness of the advantages and limitations of these implants may influence anchor selection...
- Bone replacement of fast-absorbing biocomposite anchors in arthroscopic shoulder labral repairs
Matthew D Milewski
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Sports Med 40:1392-401. 2012
..Newer generation biocomposite anchors are hypothesized to resorb more reliably and faster, while allowing for bone ingrowth and replacement...
- Locking buttons increase fatigue life of locking plates in a segmental bone defect model
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 471:1039-44. 2013
..However, the reinforcing effect of the locking head on the plate may compensate, so that it is unclear whether locking reduces fatigue life...
- Complications in patellofemoral surgery
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Sports Med Arthrosc 20:187-93. 2012
..The purpose of this article is to discuss potential surgical complications in procedures performed to address patellofemoral pathology and describe ways to avoid these pitfalls...