- [Polycythaemia as a ready factor of transitory global amnesia]
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona
Neurologia 20:317-20. 2005
..In the TGA a hypoperfusion of the temporal brain hemisphere has been documented and this can be a leading mechanism, so we propose that polycythaemia could ready to suffer a TGA...
- Localisation value of ictal arterial spin-labelled sequences in partial seizures
Neurology Department, Vall, d Hebron University Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Epileptic Disord 13:336-9. 2011
..Our findings suggest that focal hyperperfusion, as observed by ASL, may have localising value in temporal epilepsies when performed in the ictal period...
- [Recurrent Transient Global Amnesia, a manifestation of ischemic cerebrovascular disease]
Servicio de Neurologia, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Med Clin (Barc) 125:361-5. 2005
..This study intended to describe clinical characteristics, the vascular risk factors and the evolution of TGA and to define clinical factors associated with recurrence...
- MRI findings in aphasic status epilepticus
Neurology Department, Institute Diagnostic per la Imatge, Hospital Universitari Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Epilepsia 49:1465-9. 2008
..In patients with ASE, lesions on DWI in the temporo-parietal cortex and pulvinar nucleus combined with local hyperperfusion can be observed, even when they appear distant from the epileptic focus or the language areas...
- Diagnosis of epileptic syndrome after a new onset seizure and its correlation at long-term follow-up: longitudinal study of 131 patients from the emergency room
Neurology Department, Vall d Hebron Hospital, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Epilepsy Res 97:30-6. 2011
..According to our results, it is realistic to perform the diagnosis of epilepsy after a new onset seizure, although many patients still need further specific examinations, or seizure recurrence, to be diagnosed...
- [A study of right-left shunt in transient global amnesia]
J de Francisco
Servicio de Neurologia, Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona, Hospital Universitario Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Espana
Neurologia 25:83-9. 2010
..In recent studies, TGA was associated with a right to left shunt (RLS). We studied the presence of the RLS in patients with TGA and we compared this series with patients who had suffered a transient ischaemic attack (TIA)...
- Lack of evidence for arterial ischemia in transient global amnesia
Stroke 39:476-9. 2008
..Lesions in diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI-L) have been commonly described in transient global amnesia (TGA). We investigated a possible relationship between brain ischemia and TGA...
- [Lack of usefulness of ABCD score in the early risk of recurrent stroke in transient ischemic attack patients]
Francisco Purroy García
Seccion de Neurologia, Hospital Universitari Arnau de Vilanova, Lleida, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 128:201-3. 2007
..Recently a clinical score (ABCD) to identify individuals at high seven-day risk of stroke after transient ischemic attack (TIA) was proposed. The aim of this study was to test this clinical model...
- Use of levetiracetam in hospitalized patients
Department of Neurology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Epilepsia 47:2186-8. 2006
..The objective of the study was to analyze the short-term efficacy and safety of levetiracetam (LEV) to treat repetitive seizures in hospitalized patients...
- [Epileptic status due to non-ketotic hyperglycemia]
Med Clin (Barc) 124:398-9. 2005