- Phenotypic features and genetic characterization of male breast cancer families: identification of two recurrent BRCA2 mutations in north-east of Italy
Division of Experimental Oncology 1, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, National Cancer Institute, Aviano, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:156. 2006
..The relative rarity of male breast cancer (MBC) limits our understanding of the epidemiologic, genetic and clinical features of this tumor...
- BCL2, BCL6, MYC, MALT 1, and BCL10 rearrangements in nodal diffuse large B-cell lymphomas: a multicenter evaluation of a new set of fluorescent in situ hybridization probes and correlation with clinical outcome
Maria Grazia Tibiletti
Department of Human Morphology, Unit of Pathology, University of Insubria Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
Hum Pathol 40:645-52. 2009
..The fluorescent in situ hybridization analysis with the panel used in this study is useful to detect the heterogeneity of diffuse large B-cell lymphomas and identify alterations with prognostic implications...
- Interphase FISH as a new tool in tumor pathology
M G Tibiletti
Laboratorio di Anatomia Patologica, Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
Cytogenet Genome Res 118:229-36. 2007
..The aim of this review is to outline the technical aspects, the sensitivity and specificity and the current strategies for employment of IFISH in tumor pathology, and to discuss the enormous range of novel applications...
- Chromosome instability and translocation t(11;18) in primary gastric marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of MALT-type
Maria Grazia Tibiletti
Anatomic Pathology Unit, University of Insubria, Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
Hematol Oncol 25:184-8. 2007
- Genetic heterogeneity in HER2 testing may influence therapy eligibility
Department of Human Morphology, Section of Anatomic Pathology, University of Insubria and Ospedale di Circolo, Via O Rossi, 9, 21100 Varese, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 133:161-8. 2012
- Aneuploidy, centrosome alteration and securin overexpression as features of pituitary somatotroph and lactotroph adenomas
Department of Human Morphology, University of Insubria and Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 27:241-52. 2005
- The applications of FISH in tumor pathology
M G Tibiletti
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Adv Clin Path 3:111-8. 1999
..The interphasic FISH may be extremely informative in tumor pathology even if the results are dependent on a good technical quality and adequate controls...
- Partial trisomy of chromosome 13 as a single cytogenetic abnormality in an Italian case of nasal NK/T lymphoma
Department of Surgical and Morphological Sciences, Unit of Pathology, University of Insubria Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
Cancer Genet 205:186-9. 2012
..Here, we report the cytogenetic characterization of a clinically aggressive nasal NK/T-cell lymphoma occurring in a 40-year-old Italian male patient, in which the sole chromosome abnormality was a partial trisomy of chromosome 13...
- Specificity of interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization for detection of chromosome aberrations in tumor pathology
M G Tibiletti
Laboratorio di Anatomia Patologica, Ospedale di Circolo, Viale Borri 57, Varese 21100, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 155:143-8. 2004
..Therefore, even if IFISH is a versatile, high-sensitivity technique for detecting chromosomal abnormalities, the lack of accurate controls may result in the misdiagnosis of some abnormalities...
- Serotonin-producing enterochromaffin cell tumors of the pancreas: clinicopathologic study of 15 cases and comparison with intestinal enterochromaffin cell tumors
Stefano La Rosa
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, Varese, Italy
Pancreas 40:883-95. 2011
..This study analyzes the clinicopathologic features of a series of pancreatic EC cell neoplasms and their similarities to and differences from intestinal EC cell tumors...
- Identification of the first case of germline duplication of BRCA1 exon 13 in an Italian family
Department of Human Morphology, Anatomic Pathology Unit, Centro Insubre di Biotecnologie per la Salute Umana, Ospedale di Circolo, University of Insubria, Via O Rossi, 9, 21100, Varese, Italy
Fam Cancer 9:275-82. 2010
- Involvement of chromosome 6 in endometrial cancer
M G Tibiletti
Ospedale di Circolo, Varese and Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, University of Pavia at Varese, Italy
Br J Cancer 75:1831-5. 1997
..The loss of the 6q region, which is also frequently involved in ovarian carcinoma, suggests a relationship between endometrial and ovarian cancers based on a common histogenesis...
- Involvement of 1p36 region in two cases of adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of Vater
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 138:133-8. 2002
..In these tumors, the 1p36 region may play a relevant role in the progression towards a high grade of anaplasia...
- Idiopathic fetal intrauterine growth restriction: a possible inheritance pattern
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Insubria, Ospedale F Del Ponte, Piazza Biroldi, I 21100 Varese, Italy
Prenat Diagn 23:259-64. 2003
..This study was conducted to assess if the delivery of a previous growth-retarded (IUGR) fetus increases the risk of having an IUGR fetus in subsequent pregnancies and to explore if a familial pattern of transmission is involved...
- MGMT methylation in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: validation of quantitative methylation-specific PCR and comparison with MGMT protein expression
Dept of Human Morphology, Unit of Pathology, University of Insubria Ospedale di Circolo, Via O Rossi, 9, Varese 21100, Italy
J Clin Pathol 62:715-23. 2009
..2) To determine the immunohistochemical (IHC) expression of the MGMT protein and correlate it with MS. Both IHC and MethyLight results were compared with patient's outcome...
- Chromosome band 6q deletion pattern in malignant lymphomas
Department of Surgical Pathology, Anatomia Patologica, , Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 165:106-13. 2006
..Two specific 6q regions deleted in diffuse large B cell lymphomas but not in follicular lymphomas may be implicated in the clinical transformation...
- Chromosome 6 abnormalities in ovarian surface epithelial tumors of borderline malignancy suggest a genetic continuum in the progression model of ovarian neoplasms
M G Tibiletti
Laboratorio di Anatomia Patologica Ospedale di Circolo, Fondazione Macchi, 21100 Varese, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 7:3404-9. 2001
..Genes located in 6q27 seem to be crucial for this mechanism of early events in ovarian tumorigenesis...
- Molecular and genomic characterisation of cryptic chromosomal alterations leading to paternal duplication of the 11p15.5 Beckwith-Wiedemann region
J Med Genet 43:e39. 2006
..4 are mediated by segmental duplications. These findings of chromosomal rearrangements affecting 11p15.5-15.4 provide a tool to further dissect the genomics of the BWS region and the pathogenesis of this imprinting disorder...
- Molecular definition of Xq common-deleted region in patients affected by premature ovarian failure
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Hum Genet 107:304-11. 2000
..These data may provide a starting point for the identification of the gene(s) responsible for ovarian development and folliculogenesis...
- Immunohistochemical pattern of hMSH2/hMLH1 in familial and sporadic colorectal, gastric, endometrial and ovarian carcinomas with instability in microsatellite sequences
A M Chiaravalli
Department of Pathology, Hospital Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
Virchows Arch 438:39-48. 2001
..These data show that immunohistochemistry is an accurate and rapid method to predict the presence of defective DNA MMR genes and to identify both sporadic and familial MSI tumours...