- Improved persistence and adherence to diuretic fixed-dose combination therapy compared to diuretic monotherapy
Bimal V Patel
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc, 10680 Treena Street, San Diego, CA 92131, USA
BMC Fam Pract 9:61. 2008
- Impact of disease management on utilization and adherence with drugs and tests: the case of diabetes treatment in the Florida: a Healthy State (FAHS) program
Pfizer Health Solutions, New York, New York, USA
Diabetes Care 31:1717-22. 2008
- Effects of initial antihypertensive drug class on patient persistence and compliance in a usual-care setting in the United States
Bimal V Patel
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc, San Diego, CA 92131, USA
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 9:692-700. 2007
..The lesser degree of compliance and persistence observed in patients receiving diuretics compared with other antihypertensive medications may have public health as well as cost implications...
- Compliance with drug therapies for the treatment and prevention of osteoporosis
Jeffrey S McCombs
Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Maturitas 48:271-87. 2004
..This study used paid claims data from real-world treatment settings to investigate the impact of hormone replacement therapy (HRT), bisphosphonate and raloxifene on patients with a recorded diagnosis of osteoporosis...
- The impact of unrecognized bipolar disorders for patients treated for depression with antidepressants in the fee-for-services California Medicaid (Medi-Cal) program
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
J Affect Disord 82:373-83. 2004
..More effort is needed to provide early and correct diagnosis and effectively treat both recognized-BP and unrecognized-BP patients...
- The effect of switching on compliance and persistence: the case of statin treatment
Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, School of Pharmacy University of Southern California, 1540 East Alcazar Street, CHP 140, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:670-4. 2005
..To determine the effect of switching drugs on the compliance and persistence of new statin users...
- Impact of rofecoxib withdrawal on cyclooxygenase-2 utilization among patients with and without cardiovascular risk
University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Value Health 9:361-8. 2006
..To compare how cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) users with and without cardiovascular (CV) risks responded to the withdrawal of rofecoxib on September 30, 2004...
- The demand for statin: the effect of copay on utilization and compliance
Department of Pharmaceutical Economics and Policy, University of Southern California, School of Pharmacy, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Health Econ 17:83-97. 2008
..These results suggest that specific financial incentives given to less compliant patients could improve compliance with statin treatment at a relatively low cost...
- Adherence with single-pill amlodipine/atorvastatin vs a two-pill regimen
Bimal V Patel
MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc San Diego, CA, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:673-81. 2008
..61-3.10) vs other CCB + other statin (all p<0.0001). Single-pill amlodipine/atorvastatin may provide clinical benefits through improving adherence, offering clinicians a practical solution for cardiovascular risk management...