E G Zoetendal
Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- A comprehensive metatranscriptome analysis pipeline and its validation using human small intestine microbiota datasetsMilkha M Leimena
TI Food and Nutrition TIFN, P, O, Box 557, 6700 AN, Wageningen, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 14:530. 2013..In this study, we focus on the development of such a metatranscriptome pipeline, which we validate using Illumina RNA-seq datasets derived from the small intestine microbiota of two individuals with an ileostomy...
- The human small intestinal microbiota is driven by rapid uptake and conversion of simple carbohydratesErwin G Zoetendal
TI Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
ISME J 6:1415-26. 2012..Overall, our findings suggest that rapid uptake and fermentation of available carbohydrates contribute to maintaining the microbiota in the human small intestine...
- High-throughput diversity and functionality analysis of the gastrointestinal tract microbiotaE G Zoetendal
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 10, 6703 HB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Gut 57:1605-15. 2008....
- Diversity of the Lactobacillus group in breast milk and vagina of healthy women and potential role in the colonization of the infant gutR Martin
Departament of Nutrición, Bromatologia y Tecnologia de los Alimentos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
J Appl Microbiol 103:2638-44. 2007..To evaluate the diversity of the Lactobacillus group in breast milk and the vagina of healthy women and understand their potential role in the infant gut colonization using the 16S rRNA gene approaches...
- Caloramator coolhaasii sp. nov., a glutamate-degrading, moderately thermophilic anaerobeC M Plugge
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 50:1155-62. 2000..The G+C content was 31.7 mol%. Based on its morphological, phylogenetic and physiological characteristics, it is proposed that strain ZT should be classified in the genus Caloramator as a new species, Caloramator coolhaasii...
- Microarray analysis and barcoded pyrosequencing provide consistent microbial profiles depending on the source of human intestinal samplesBartholomeus van den Bogert
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Dreijenplein 10, 6703 HB Wageningen, Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:2071-80. 2011..Overall, this study demonstrated that equivalent biological conclusions are obtained by high-throughput profiling of microbial communities, independent of technology or primer choice...
- Genome sequence of Victivallis vadensis ATCC BAA-548, an anaerobic bacterium from the phylum Lentisphaerae, isolated from the human gastrointestinal tractMark W J van Passel
Laboratory of Microbiology, University of Wageningen, Dreijenplein 10, 6703 HB Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Bacteriol 193:2373-4. 2011..Few cultured bacteria from this phylum are known, and V. vadensis therefore represents an important organism for evolutionary studies. V. vadensis is a strictly anaerobic sugar-fermenting isolate from the human gastrointestinal tract...