Agnes E Van den Berg
Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- Green space as a buffer between stressful life events and healthAgnes E Van den Berg
Wageningen University and Research Centre, PO Box 47, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Soc Sci Med 70:1203-10. 2010..These results support the notion that green space can provide a buffer against the negative health impact of stressful life events...
- Gardening promotes neuroendocrine and affective restoration from stressAgnes E Van den Berg
Wageningen University and Research Center, The Netherlands
J Health Psychol 16:3-11. 2011..Positive mood was fully restored after gardening, but further deteriorated during reading. These findings provide the first experimental evidence that gardening can promote relief from acute stress...
- A comparison of children with ADHD in a natural and built settingA E van den Berg
Wageningen University and Research Centre, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Child Care Health Dev 37:430-9. 2011..Research on benefits of nature for healthy children provides some support for such a link. However, only a few studies have directly examined the influence of contact with nature on children with ADHD...
- Allotment gardening and health: a comparative survey among allotment gardeners and their neighbors without an allotmentAgnes E Van den Berg
Alterra Wageningen UR, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Environ Health 9:74. 2010..In the present study the health, well-being and physical activity of older and younger allotment gardeners was compared to that of controls without an allotment...
- Vitamin G: effects of green space on health, well-being, and social safetyPeter P Groenewegen
NIVEL Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research, POBox 1568 NL 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 6:149. 2006..This article discusses the design of a research program on the effects of green space in the living environment on health, well-being and social safety...