M T Streppel
Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- Nutrient-rich foods in relation to various measures of anthropometryMartinette T Streppel
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, part of Wageningen UR, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 29:i36-43. 2012..It is not yet known whether the NRF index is helpful in weight management. We hypothesize that a nutrient-dense diet is associated with a lower body weight and waist circumference...
- Long-term fish consumption and n-3 fatty acid intake in relation to (sudden) coronary heart disease death: the Zutphen studyMartinette T Streppel
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 29:2024-30. 2008..To assess the relationship between fish consumption or eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)+docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) intake from fish, and (sudden) coronary death...
- Dietary fiber intake in relation to coronary heart disease and all-cause mortality over 40 y: the Zutphen StudyMartinette T Streppel
National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, and the Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 88:1119-25. 2008..Little is known about the effects of dietary fiber intake on long-term mortality...
- Long-term wine consumption is related to cardiovascular mortality and life expectancy independently of moderate alcohol intake: the Zutphen StudyM T Streppel
National Institute for Public Health and Environment RIVM, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Epidemiol Community Health 63:534-40. 2009..Moreover, little is known about the effects of long-term alcohol intake on life expectancy...
- The contribution of dairy products to micronutrient intake in the NetherlandsPauline A J Vissers
Wageningen University, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Nutr 30:415S-21S. 2011..To assess the contribution of dairy products to the intake of various vitamins and minerals in several life stages in the Dutch population...
- Quantity and variety of fruit and vegetable consumption and cancer riskMargje C J F Jansen
Center for Nutrition and Health, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Nutr Cancer 48:142-8. 2004..In conclusion, adherence to the guidelines for fruit and vegetable intake was associated with lower cancer risk. Besides quantity, variety in intake is also of importance...
- Dietary fiber and blood pressure: a meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trialsMartinette T Streppel
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 165:150-6. 2005..CONCLUSION: Increasing the intake of fiber in Western populations, where intake is far below recommended levels, may contribute to the prevention of hypertension...
- Mortality and life expectancy in relation to long-term cigarette, cigar and pipe smoking: the Zutphen StudyMartinette T Streppel
Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Tob Control 16:107-13. 2007..To study the effect of long-term smoking on all-cause and cause-specific mortality, and to estimate the effects of cigarette and cigar or pipe smoking on life expectancy...