H I J Roest
Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- Q fever in pregnant goats: humoral and cellular immune responsesHendrik Ij Roest
Department of Bacteriology and TSEs, Central Veterinary Institute, part of Wageningen University and Research Centre, Edelhertweg 15, Lelystad, PH, 8219, The Netherlands
Vet Res 44:67. 2013..This humoral immune response may be useful in the early detection of C. burnetii-infected pregnant goats. ..
- Q fever in pregnant goats: pathogenesis and excretion of Coxiella burnetiiHendrik Jan Roest
Department of Bacteriology and TSEs, Central Veterinary Institute, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Lelystad, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e48949. 2012..Besides abortions, normal deliveries in C. burnetii-infected goats should be considered as a major zoonotic risk for Q fever in humans...
- [Two horses with neurological symptoms: could this be equine botulism?]H I J Roest
Divisie Bacteriologie en TSE s, Centraal Veterinair Instituut van Wageningen UR, Lelystad, Nederland
Tijdschr Diergeneeskd 134:790-5. 2009..As long as no vaccine is available in the Netherlands quality control of silage and haylage is strictly recommended in order to reduce the risk of botulism in horses...
- The Q fever epidemic in The Netherlands: history, onset, response and reflectionH I J Roest
Department of Bacteriology and TSEs, Central Veterinary Institute of Wageningen UR, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Epidemiol Infect 139:1-12. 2011..In general good monitoring and surveillance systems are necessary to assess the real magnitude of Q fever...
- Molecular epidemiology of Coxiella burnetii from ruminants in Q fever outbreak, the NetherlandsHendrik I J Roest
Central Veterinary Institute, part of Wageningen UR, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 17:668-75. 2011..On the basis of 4 loci, this genotype is similar to a human genotype from the Netherlands. This finding strengthens the probability that this genotype of C. burnetii is responsible for the human Q fever epidemic in the Netherlands...