I A T M Meerts
Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- In vitro estrogenicity of polybrominated diphenyl ethers, hydroxylated PDBEs, and polybrominated bisphenol A compoundsI A Meerts
Toxicology Group, Wageningen University and Research Center, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Environ Health Perspect 109:399-407. 2001..These data also suggest that in vivo metabolism of PBDEs may produce more potent pseudoestrogens...
- Placental transfer of a hydroxylated polychlorinated biphenyl and effects on fetal and maternal thyroid hormone homeostasis in the ratIlonka A T M Meerts
Toxicology Group, Wageningen University and Research Center, Tuinlaan 5, 6703 HE Wageningen, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 68:361-71. 2002..Consequently, TT(4) levels in fetal plasma and brain samples were reduced. Despite reductions in fetal brain T(4) levels, the active hormone (T(3)) in fetal brains remained unaffected...
- Effects of in utero exposure to 4-hydroxy-2,3,3',4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (4-OH-CB107) on developmental landmarks, steroid hormone levels, and female estrous cyclicity in ratsIlonka A T M Meerts
Toxicology Group, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 82:259-67. 2004..These results indicate that in utero exposure to 4-OH-CB107 leads to endocrine-disrupting effects, especially in female offspring. The possible impact on neurobehavior following exposure to 4-OH-CB107 will be reported elsewhere...
- Developmental exposure to 4-hydroxy-2,3,3',4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl (4-OH-CB107): long-term effects on brain development, behavior, and brain stem auditory evoked potentials in ratsIlonka A T M Meerts
Toxicology Group, Wageningen University and Research Center, 6703 HE Wageningen, The Netherlands
Toxicol Sci 82:207-18. 2004..The observed effects for 4-OH-CB107 are similar to, but in some aspects different from, the effects observed after Aroclor 1254 exposure...
- Toxicological evaluation of pomegranate seed oilI A T M Meerts
Department of In vitro and Environmental Toxicology, NOTOX B V, Hambakenwetering 7, 5231 DD s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Food Chem Toxicol 47:1085-92. 2009..The no observable adverse effect level (NOAEL) was 50,000 ppm PSO (=4.3 g PSO/kg body weight/day)...
- An alternative approach for the safety evaluation of new and existing chemicals, an exercise in integrated testingW M L G Gubbels-van Hal
NOTOX B V, 5203 DL s Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 42:284-95. 2005..This integrated approach leads to a 38% reduction of laboratory animals...