Michel M Klerks
Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- Comparison of real-time PCR methods for detection of Salmonella enterica and Escherichia coli O157:H7, and introduction of a general internal amplification controlM M Klerks
Wageningen University and Research Centre, Plant Research International BV, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Microbiol Methods 59:337-49. 2004..The adjusted methods have the potential to provide fast and sensitive detection of Salmonella spp. or E. coli O157:H7, enabling accurate quantification and preventing false negative results by using the general IAC...
- Comparison of methods of extracting Salmonella enterica serovar Enteritidis DNA from environmental substrates and quantification of organisms by using a general internal procedural controlM M Klerks
Plant Research International BV, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:3879-86. 2006..Finally, the study presents a more accurate molecular analysis for quantification of serovar Enteritidis initially present in soil or manure using DNA extraction and TaqMan PCR...
- Physiological and molecular responses of Lactuca sativa to colonization by Salmonella enterica serovar DublinM M Klerks
Wageningen University and Research Centre, Plant Research International BV, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6709 PB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:4905-14. 2007..In addition, it was confirmed that Salmonella spp. can colonize the interior of lettuce plants, thus potentially imposing a human health risk when processed and consumed...
- Differential interaction of Salmonella enterica serovars with lettuce cultivars and plant-microbe factors influencing the colonization efficiencyMichel M Klerks
Wageningen University and Research Centre, Plant Research International BV, Wageningen, The Netherlands
ISME J 1:620-31. 2007..Finally, a tentative route of infection is described that includes plant-microbe factors, herewith enabling further design of preventive strategies...
- Quantification of contamination of lettuce by GFP-expressing Escherichia coli O157:H7 and Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumEelco Franz
Biological Farming Systems Group, Department of Plant Sciences, Wageningen University and Research Center, Marijkeweg 22, 6709 PG Wageningen, The Netherlands
Food Microbiol 24:106-12. 2007....
- Prevalence of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli stx1, stx2, eaeA, and rfbE genes and survival of E. coli O157:H7 in manure from organic and low-input conventional dairy farmsEelco Franz
Wageningen University and Research Centre, Biological Farming Systems Group, Marijkeweg 22, 6709 PG Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2180-90. 2007....
- Accurate quantification of microorganisms in PCR-inhibiting environmental DNA extracts by a novel internal amplification control approach using Biotrove OpenArraysR Van Doorn
Plant Research International B V, Droevendaalsesteeg 1, 6708 PB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 75:7253-60. 2009..The developed IAC is ideally suited for high-throughput screenings of, for example, ecological and agricultural samples on next-generation qPCR platforms...
- Development of a multiplex AmpliDet RNA for the simultaneous detection of Potato leafroll virus and Potato virus Y in potato tubersM M Klerks
Plant Research International BV, PO Box 16, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Virol Methods 93:115-25. 2001..The multiplex assay detected clearly the viruses present originally in the potato tubers in all samples, demonstrating its potential for routine diagnostic work and high-throughput screening...