Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- Transformations of summary statistics as input in meta-analysis for linear dose-response models on a logarithmic scale: a methodology developed within EURRECAOlga W Souverein
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University and Research Centre, PO Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
BMC Med Res Methodol 12:57. 2012..However, original research papers present their data in various ways...
- Effect of folate intake on health outcomes in pregnancy: a systematic review and meta-analysis on birth weight, placental weight and length of gestationKatalin Fekete
Department of Biochemistry and Medical Chemistry, University of Pecs, Szigeti ut 12, H 7624, Pecs, Hungary
Nutr J 11:75. 2012..The dose-response methodology outlined in the present systematic review may be useful for designing clinical studies on folate supplementation and for developing recommendations for pregnant women...
- Systematic review with dose-response meta-analyses between vitamin B-12 intake and European Micronutrient Recommendations Aligned's prioritized biomarkers of vitamin B-12 including randomized controlled trials and observational studies in adults and elderCarla Dullemeijer
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Wageningen, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 97:390-402. 2013..The use of these data to estimate dose-response relations provides a useful means to summarize the body of evidence...
- n 3 fatty acid proportions in plasma and cognitive performance in older adultsCarla Dullemeijer
Wageningen Centre for Food Sciences, Wageningen, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 86:1479-85. 2007..However, limited data exist on the association between n-3 PUFAs and performance in specific cognitive domains...
- Differences in fatty acid composition between cerebral brain lobes in juvenile pigs after fish oil feedingCarla Dullemeijer
Top Institute Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Br J Nutr 100:794-800. 2008..The functional consequences of these differences are a challenging focus for future investigation...
- Plasma very long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and age-related hearing loss in older adultsC Dullemeijer
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen, The Netherlands
J Nutr Health Aging 14:347-51. 2010..In this study we investigated whether plasma very long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) are associated with age-related hearing loss over three years...
- Effect of fish oil on ventricular tachyarrhythmia and death in patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillators: the Study on Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Ventricular Arrhythmia (SOFA) randomized trialIngeborg A Brouwer
Wageningen Centre for Food Sciences, Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
JAMA 295:2613-9. 2006..Very-long-chain n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 PUFAs) from fish are thought to reduce risk of sudden death, possibly by reducing susceptibility to cardiac arrhythmia...
- Effect of fish oil on ventricular tachyarrhythmia in three studies in patients with implantable cardioverter defibrillatorsIngeborg A Brouwer
TI Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 30:820-6. 2009....
- Effect of fish oil on cognitive performance in older subjects: a randomized, controlled trialO van de Rest
Wageningen University, Division of Human Nutrition, P O Box 8129, 6700 EV, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Neurology 71:430-8. 2008..However, results from epidemiologic studies are inconclusive, and results from randomized trials in elderly subjects without dementia are lacking...
- Erythrocyte folate and plasma DHA in the FACIT studyCarla Dullemeijer
Lancet 370:216. 2007