Affiliation: Wageningen University
Country: The Netherlands
- Human immunodeficiency virus 1 downregulates cell surface expression of the non-classical major histocompatibility class I molecule HLA-G1Muriel Derrien
Departement de Virologie, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Gen Virol 85:1945-54. 2004..Together, these results show that the decrease of HLA-A2 and HLA-G1 caused by HIV-1 occurs through distinct mechanisms...
- Akkermansia muciniphila gen. nov., sp. nov., a human intestinal mucin-degrading bacteriumMuriel Derrien
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Hesselink van Suchtelenweg 4, 6703 CT Wageningen, The Netherlands
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:1469-76. 2004..nov., sp. nov. is proposed; the type strain is MucT (= ATCC BAA-835T = CIP 107961T)...
- The Mucin degrader Akkermansia muciniphila is an abundant resident of the human intestinal tractMuriel Derrien
Laboratory of Microbiology, Dreijenplein 10, 6703 HB Wageningen, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:1646-8. 2008..As determined by fluorescent in situ hybridization, A. muciniphila accounted more than 1% of the total fecal cells and was shown to be a common bacterial component of the human intestinal tract...
- The genome of Akkermansia muciniphila, a dedicated intestinal mucin degrader, and its use in exploring intestinal metagenomesMark W J van Passel
Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e16876. 2011..This anaerobic resident is associated with the protective mucus lining of the intestines...
- Gut bacteria-host metabolic interplay during conventionalisation of the mouse germfree colonSahar El Aidy
Top Institute Food and Nutrition, Wageningen, Wageningen, The Netherlands
ISME J 7:743-55. 2013..Our combined time-resolved analyses may help to expand the understanding of host-microbe molecular interactions during the microbial establishment...
- Intestinal integrity and Akkermansia muciniphila, a mucin-degrading member of the intestinal microbiota present in infants, adults, and the elderlyM Carmen Collado
Functional Foods Forum, University of Turku, Itäinen Pitkäkatu 4A, 5th Floor, FI 20520 Turku, Finland
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:7767-70. 2007..05) in the elderly...
- Prebiotics and other microbial substrates for gut functionalityArthur C Ouwehand
Danisco Innovation, Sokeritehtaantie 20, FIN 02460 Kantvik, Finland
Curr Opin Biotechnol 16:212-7. 2005..Novel approaches might include the application of prebiotics in different combinations or the provision of nutrients to different bacterial groups and to different parts of the intestine...