Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Low control beliefs in relation to school dropout and poor health: findings from the SIODO case-control studyHans Bosma
Maastricht University, Social Medicine, Caphri, P, O, Box 616, 6200, MD Maastricht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 14:1237. 2014..Low control beliefs might be a key mechanism. The reversed possibility that low control beliefs might set people on a pathway towards adverse socioeconomic and health-related outcomes is much less examined...
- Show what you know and deal with stress yourself: a qualitative interview study of medical interns' perceptions of stress and genderPetra Verdonk
Department of Medical Humanities, VU University Medical Centre, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, School of Medical Sciences, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Med Educ 14:96. 2014..The aim of this study is to explore how medical interns experience and cope with stress, as well as how they reflect on the gendered aspects of stress...
- Applying a gender lens on human papillomavirus infection: cervical cancer screening, HPV DNA testing, and HPV vaccinationIvan Branković
Institute for Public Health Genomics, Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, FHML, School Caphri, Maastricht University, PO Box 616, MD 6200, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Equity Health 12:14. 2013..We provide an outline on the crucial issues and debates based on the recent literature published in leading gender medicine journals. Intersectionality was applied in order to help categorise the knowledge...
- The early identification of risk factors on the pathway to school dropout in the SIODO study: a sequential mixed-methods studyMarie José Theunissen
Caphri, Department of Social Medicine, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
BMC Public Health 12:1033. 2012....
- Few gender differences in specialty preferences and motivational factors: a cross-sectional Swedish study on last-year medical studentsSaima Diderichsen
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Family Medicine, Umea University, Umea, 901 85, Sweden
BMC Med Educ 13:39. 2013..The aim of this study is to investigate and compare Swedish male and female medical students' specialty preferences and the motives behind them...
- Mainstreaming sex and gender analysis in public health genomicsPetra Verdonk
Department of Medical Humanities, VU University Medical Center, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Gend Med 9:402-10. 2012..Genome-based knowledge is rapidly increasing, but sex and gender issues are often not explored...
- Comparing gender awareness in Dutch and Swedish first-year medical students--results from a questionaireJenny Andersson
Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Family Medicine, Umea University, 901 85 Umea, Sweden
BMC Med Educ 12:3. 2012..The aim of this study was to compare attitudes to gender and gender stereotyping among Dutch and Swedish male and female medical students...