Christa C van Bunderen
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Effect of long-term GH replacement therapy on cardiovascular outcomes in isolated GH deficiency compared with multiple pituitary hormone deficiencies: a sub-analysis from the Dutch National Registry of Growth Hormone Treatment in AdultsChrista C van Bunderen
Section of EndocrinologyDepartment of Internal Medicine, Neuroscience Campus AmsterdamDepartment of Epidemiology and BiostatisticsVU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The NetherlandsDepartment of Internal MedicineIsala Clinics, Zwolle, The NetherlandsEmotional Brain and Alan Turing Institute for Multidisciplinary Health ResearchAlmere, The NetherlandsDivision of Endocrinology and MetabolismDepartment of Internal Medicine, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 171:151-60. 2014..The aim of this study is to address the questions about differences between IGHD and multiple pituitary hormone deficiencies (MPHDs) in clinical presentation and in responsiveness to GH treatment...
- The association of serum insulin-like growth factor-I with mortality, cardiovascular disease, and cancer in the elderly: a population-based studyChrista C van Bunderen
VU University Medical Center, Department of Internal Medicine, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:4616-24. 2010..g. cardiovascular disease (CVD) and cancer. Decreased as well as increased levels have been reported to be associated with reduced life expectancy in humans...
- Does growth hormone replacement therapy reduce mortality in adults with growth hormone deficiency? Data from the Dutch National Registry of Growth Hormone Treatment in adultsChrista C van Bunderen
Department of Internal Medicine, Section Endocrinology, VU University Medical Center, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:3151-9. 2011..Adults with GH deficiency (GHD) have a decreased life expectancy. The effect of GH treatment on mortality remains to be established...
- Serum IGF1, metabolic syndrome, and incident cardiovascular disease in older people: a population-based studyChrista C van Bunderen
Departments of Internal Medicine, Section Endocrinology ZH 4A62, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Endocrinol 168:393-401. 2013....
- Predictors of endoscopic transsphenoidal surgery outcome in acromegaly: patient and tumor characteristics evaluated by magnetic resonance imagingChrista C van Bunderen
Department of Internal Medicine, Section Endocrinology, VU University Medical Center, ZH 4A62, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pituitary 16:158-67. 2013..Comparative studies on different treatment modalities are essential for clinical practice within the scope of re-evaluation of the role of surgery in GH-secreting adenomas...
- Efficacy and safety of growth hormone treatment in adults with growth hormone deficiency: a systematic review of studies on morbidityChrista C van Bunderen
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Neuroscience Campus Amsterdam, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 81:1-14. 2014..Large and thoroughly conducted observational studies are needed and seem the only feasible way to inform the ongoing debate on health care costs, drug safety and clinical outcomes. ..