Charissa E van den Brom
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Myocardial blood flow under general anaesthesia with sevoflurane in type 2 diabetic patients: a pilot studyCarolien S E Bulte
Department of Anaesthesiology, Institute for Cardiovascular Research, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Diabetol 13:62. 2014..The influence of sevoflurane anaesthesia on myocardial endothelial dysfunction in type 2 diabetic mellitus is investigated in this pilot study...
- Diabetes, perioperative ischaemia and volatile anaesthetics: consequences of derangements in myocardial substrate metabolismCharissa E van den Brom
Department of Anesthesiology, Experimental Laboratory for VItal Signs, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Diabetol 12:42. 2013..This review will focus on the current knowledge regarding myocardial substrate metabolism during volatile anaesthesia in the obese and type 2 diabetic heart during perioperative ischaemia...
- High fat diet-induced glucose intolerance impairs myocardial function, but not myocardial perfusion during hyperaemia: a pilot studyCharissa E van den Brom
Department of Anesthesiology, VU University Medical Center, Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Diabetol 11:74. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to study the effect of diet-induced glucose intolerance on myocardial function and perfusion during baseline and pharmacological induced hyperaemia...
- Diabetic cardiomyopathy in Zucker diabetic fatty rats: the forgotten right ventricleCharissa E van den Brom
Department of Internal Medicine Diabetes Centre, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:25. 2010..The purpose of the present study was to investigate whether LV changes are paralleled by RV alterations in a rat model of diabetes...
- Altered myocardial substrate metabolism is associated with myocardial dysfunction in early diabetic cardiomyopathy in rats: studies using positron emission tomographyCharissa E van den Brom
Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes Centre, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Diabetol 8:39. 2009..The purpose of the present study was to study in a rat model of early DCM, in vivo changes in myocardial substrate metabolism and their association with myocardial function...