Genomes and Genes
C E Teunissen
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Teunissen C, Otto M, Engelborghs S, Herukka S, Lehmann S, Lewczuk P, et al. White paper by the Society for CSF Analysis and Clinical Neurochemistry: Overcoming barriers in biomarker development and clinical translation. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2018;10:30 pubmed publisher..The society has a broad scope, as its vision is that the gaps in development and implementation of biomarkers are shared among almost all neurological diseases and thus they can benefit from the activities of the society. ..
- Ten Kate M, Barkhof F, Visser P, Teunissen C, Scheltens P, van der Flier W, et al. Amyloid-independent atrophy patterns predict time to progression to dementia in mild cognitive impairment. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:73 pubmed publisher..The spatial pattern of decreased gray matter volume associated with progression to dementia was consistent for amyloid-positive and amyloid-negative subjects. ..
- Kester M, Teunissen C, Sutphen C, Herries E, Ladenson J, Xiong C, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid VILIP-1 and YKL-40, candidate biomarkers to diagnose, predict and monitor Alzheimer's disease in a memory clinic cohort. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2015;7:59 pubmed publisher..Increased levels of both YKL-40 and VILIP-1 may be associated with disease progression. These CSF biomarkers should be considered for future evaluation in the characterization of the natural history of AD. ..
- Teunissen C, Iacobaeus E, Khademi M, Brundin L, Norgren N, Koel Simmelink M, et al. Combination of CSF N-acetylaspartate and neurofilaments in multiple sclerosis. Neurology. 2009;72:1322-9 pubmed publisher..Next, we wanted to know the additional value of measurement of NAA compared to other candidate markers for axonal damage, such as neurofilament subunits and tau protein...
- Teunissen C, Veerhuis R, de Vente J, Verhey F, Vreeling F, van Boxtel M, et al. Brain-specific fatty acid-binding protein is elevated in serum of patients with dementia-related diseases. Eur J Neurol. 2011;18:865-71 pubmed publisher..In contrast to heart-type FABP, serum levels of brain-type FABP are elevated in a significant proportion of patients with various neurodegenerative diseases and can therefore have importance for defining subgroups of these patients. ..
- Bridel C, Hoffmann T, Meyer A, Durieux S, Koel Simmelink M, Orth M, et al. Glutaminyl cyclase activity correlates with levels of Aβ peptides and mediators of angiogenesis in cerebrospinal fluid of Alzheimer's disease patients. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:38 pubmed publisher..The addition of QC activity to core diagnostic CSF biomarkers may be of specific interest in clinical cases with discordant imaging and biochemical biomarker results. ..