A N M Schoffelmeer
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Interactions between CB1 cannabinoid and mu opioid receptors mediating inhibition of neurotransmitter release in rat nucleus accumbens coreA N M Schoffelmeer
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Neurosciences, VU Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuropharmacology 51:773-81. 2006..It is proposed that these allosterically interacting mu and CB1 receptors in the NAc core may represent G-protein coupled heterodimeric receptor complexes...
- Insulin modulates cocaine-sensitive monoamine transporter function and impulsive behaviorAnton N M Schoffelmeer
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, VU University Medical Center, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 31:1284-91. 2011..Therefore, insulin signaling proteins may represent targets for the treatment of inhibitory control deficits such as addictive behaviors...
- Individual differences in the effects of serotonergic anxiolytic drugs on the motivation to self-administer cocaineJ R Homberg
Graduate School Neuroscience Amsterdam, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Drug Abuse Program, Department of Medical Pharmacology, VU Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 128:121-30. 2004..This suggests that the effectiveness of pharmacological interference may depend on the neurochemical and motivational state of the individual...
- Contextual renewal of nicotine seeking in rats and its suppression by the cannabinoid-1 receptor antagonist Rimonabant (SR141716A)L Diergaarde
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, VU Medical Center, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuropharmacology 55:712-6. 2008..Further, our results indicate that the endocannabinoid system is involved in context-induced relapse to nicotine seeking, and as such these data provide further evidence for the use of CB1 antagonists in smoking cessation...
- Neuroadaptive changes in mesocorticolimbic dopamine and acetylcholine neurons following cocaine or saline self-administration are dependent on pre-existing individual differencesJ R Homberg
Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, Drug Abuse Program, Department of Medical Pharmacology, VU Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 121:829-36. 2003..These pre-existing differences and the cocaine- and environmental-induced neuroadaptations seem to act in concert to produce an enhanced motivational state to self-administer cocaine...
- The antioxidant anethole dithiolethione inhibits monoamine oxidase-B but not monoamine oxidase A activity in extracts of cultured astrocytesB Drukarch
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Research Institute Neurosciences Vrije Universiteit, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Neural Transm 113:593-8. 2006..Considering the alleged contribution of MAO activity in general, and MAO-B in particular, to oxidative stress and neurodegeneration in PD, our data further support the neuroprotective potential of ADT...
- Strain specificity and cholinergic modulation of visuospatial attention in three inbred mouse strainsT Pattij
Department of Anatomy and Neurosciences, VU Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Genes Brain Behav 6:579-87. 2007..In conclusion, our data indicate strain specificity with particularly good performance of 129S2/SvHsd mice and strong cholinergic involvement in visuospatial attention in mice...
- Characterization of the serotonin transporter knockout rat: a selective change in the functioning of the serotonergic systemJ R Homberg
Hubrecht Laboratory, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 146:1662-76. 2007....