Henrietta M Nielsen
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Binding and uptake of A beta1-42 by primary human astrocytes in vitroHenrietta M Nielsen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, Pathology, The Alzheimer Centre, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Glia 57:978-88. 2009..Thus, primary human astrocytes derived from different sources can bind and internalize A beta1-42, and fetal astrocytes were more efficient in A beta1-42 uptake than adult astrocytes...
- The effect of amyloid associated proteins on the expression of genes involved in amyloid-β clearance by adult human astrocytesSandra D Mulder
Department of Clinical Chemistry, The Alzheimer Center, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, P O Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Exp Neurol 233:373-9. 2012..These astrocytic gene expression-regulatory mechanisms appear to be defective in AD and thus might contribute to the development and progression of AD pathology...
- Apolipoproteins E and J interfere with amyloid-beta uptake by primary human astrocytes and microglia in vitroSandra D Mulder
Department of Clinical Chemistry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands Alzheimer Center, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Glia 62:493-503. 2014..Thus, targeting the association of Aβ with AAPs, such as ApoE and ApoJ, could serve as a therapeutic strategy to increase Aβ clearance by glial cells...
- Astrocytic A beta 1-42 uptake is determined by A beta-aggregation state and the presence of amyloid-associated proteinsHenrietta M Nielsen
Department of Clinical Chemistry, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Glia 58:1235-46. 2010..Thus, amyloid-associated proteins, especially ApoJ and ApoE, can alter A beta-uptake in vitro and hence may influence A beta clearance and plaque formation in vivo...
- Complement in the brainRobert Veerhuis
Department of Clinical Chemistry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mol Immunol 48:1592-603. 2011....