Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Depression in older persons with versus without vascular disease in the open population: similar depressive symptom patterns, more disabilityEls Licht-Strunk
Department of General Practice, Institute of Extramural Medicine EMGO, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 83:155-60. 2004..The aim of the present study is to examine whether depressed older persons in the open population with and without vascular disease show different symptom patterns...
- Prevalence of depression in older patients consulting their general practitioner in The NetherlandsEls Licht-Strunk
Department of General Practice, Institute of Extramural Medicine EMGO, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 20:1013-9. 2005..Little is known about the prevalence of depression in older patients consulting their general practitioner...
- The prognosis of depression in older patients in general practice and the community. A systematic reviewEls Licht-Strunk
Department of General Practice, Institute for Extramural Medicine, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Fam Pract 24:168-80. 2007..Little is known about the prognosis of depression in older patients in general practice or the community...
- The prognosis of undetected depression in older general practice patients. A one year follow-up studyEls Licht-Strunk
Department of General Practice, Institute for Extramural Medicine EMGO of the VU University Medical Centre Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 114:310-5. 2009..However, as there is evidence that GPs do identify those with the most severe and persistent disorders, it is important to know more about the prognosis of depressive disorders that are not detected by GPs...
- [The practice guideline 'Children with fever' (second revision) from the Dutch College of General Practitioners; a response from the perspective of general practice]E Licht-Strunk
VU Medisch Centrum, afd Huisartsgeneeskunde, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 108 BT Amsterdam
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 152:2763-5. 2008..Unfortunately, the guideline does not identify tropical diseases as a differential diagnosis. Finally, doctors must be alert to the possibility of dehydration. The complexity of identifying dehydrated children is discussed...
- Outcome of depression in later life in primary care: longitudinal cohort study with three years' follow-upE Licht-Strunk
Department of General Practice and the EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research of VU University Medical Centre, Van der Boechorstraat 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, Netherlands
BMJ 338:a3079. 2009..To study the duration of depression, recovery over time, and predictors of prognosis in an older cohort (>or=55 years) in primary care...
- Combining vocational and research trainingTim C olde Hartman
Department of General Practice, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Aust Fam Physician 37:486-8. 2008..The gap between research and clinical practice can be bridged by strengthening the position of the clinician-researcher with appropriate research training and protected time for research...
- A validated risk score to estimate mortality risk in patients with dementia and pneumonia: barriers to clinical impactJenny T van der Steen
VU University Medical Center, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, Department of Nursing Home Medicine, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int Psychogeriatr 23:31-43. 2011..The clinical impact of risk score use in end-of-life settings is unknown, with reports limited to technical properties...