Alexander D Cornet
Affiliation: VU University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Activated protein C attenuates pulmonary coagulopathy in patients with acute respiratory distress syndromeA D Cornet
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, VU University Medical Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 11:894-901. 2013..We hypothesized that an infusion of recombinant human activated protein C (rh-APC), a natural anticoagulant, would attenuate pulmonary coagulopathy and injury...
- Activated protein C in the treatment of acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndromeAlexander D Cornet
Department of Intensive Care, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands 31 20 4443933 31 20 4442392
Expert Opin Drug Discov 4:219-27. 2009..Objective: It discusses the potential role of activated PC in modulating the proinflammatory/procoagulant state for enhancing endothelial barrier function in animal models and human ALI/ARDS...
- Blood transfusion during cardiac surgery is associated with inflammation and coagulation in the lung: a case control studyPieter R Tuinman
Department of Intensive Care Medicine and Laboratory of Experimental Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, Academic Medical Center, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam NL 1105 AZ, The Netherlands
Crit Care 15:R59. 2011..We hypothesized that blood transfusion is associated with changes in pulmonary and systemic inflammation and coagulation occurring in patients who do not meet the clinical diagnosis of transfusion-related acute lung injury (TRALI)...
- Sildenafil attenuates pulmonary arterial pressure but does not improve oxygenation during ARDSAlexander D Cornet
Department of Intensive Care, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Intensive Care Med 36:758-64. 2010..Administration of sildenafil in ambulatory patients with pulmonary hypertension improves oxygenation and ameliorates pulmonary hypertension. Our aim was to determine whether sildenafil is beneficial for patients with ARDS...
- Nebulized fibrinolytic agents improve pulmonary fibrinolysis but not inflammation in rat models of direct and indirect acute lung injuryJorrit J Hofstra
Laboratory of Experimental Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e55262. 2013..Nebulized fibrinolytic agents could exert lung-protective effects, via promotion of fibrinolysis as well as anti-inflammation...
- Nebulized anticoagulants limit pulmonary coagulopathy, but not inflammation, in a model of experimental lung injuryJorrit J Hofstra
Laboratory of Experimental Intensive Care and Anesthesiology LEICA, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv 23:105-11. 2010..Pulmonary coagulopathy may contribute to an adverse outcome in lung injury. We assessed the effects of local anticoagulant therapy on bronchoalveolar and systemic haemostasis in a rat model of endotoxemia-induced lung injury...
- The effect of blood transfusion on pulmonary permeability in cardiac surgery patients: a prospective multicenter cohort studyAlexander P J Vlaar
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Transfusion 52:82-90. 2012..Mediators of increased pulmonary vascular leakage after transfusion are unknown. We hypothesized that factors may include antibodies or bioactive lipids, which have been implicated in transfusion-related acute lung injury...
- Volume-limited versus pressure-limited hemodynamic management in septic and nonseptic shockRonald J Trof
Department of Intensive Care, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Care Med 40:1177-85. 2012..To evaluate the effect of hemodynamic management guided by upper limits of cardiac filling volumes or pressures on durations of mechanical ventilation and lengths of stay in critically ill patients with shock...
- Nebulized antithrombin limits bacterial outgrowth and lung injury in Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumonia in ratsJorrit J Hofstra
Laboratory of Experimental Intensive Care and Anesthesiology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Meibergdreef 9, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Care 13:R145. 2009..We evaluated the effect of nebulized anticoagulants on pulmonary coagulopathy and inflammation in a rat model of Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumonia...