Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit
Country: The Netherlands
- [Neuroticism in the elderly. The utility of the shortened DPQ-scales]B Steunenberg
Afdeling Klinische Psychologie, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 34:118-24. 2003..05). However, the differences were very small. Future research is needed to assess the effect of related variables on Neuroticism in older persons...
- Stability and change of neuroticism in agingBas Steunenberg
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije University, Van der Boechorstraat 1, Amsterdam, 1081 BT, The Netherlands
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 60:P27-33. 2005..In conclusion, neuroticism remains rather stable in middle and older adulthood, with some apparent increase in late life...
- Personality and the onset of depression in late lifeBas Steunenberg
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 92:243-51. 2006..We hypothesize to find that a high neuroticism level or low levels of mastery, self-efficacy or self-esteem strengthen the impact of the health-related variables and social situational factors on the onset of depression in late life...
- Mastery and neuroticism predict recovery of depression in later lifeBas Steunenberg
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 15:234-42. 2007..The second research question investigated whether these personality characteristics moderate the negative impact of the other prognostic factors on the chance of recovery...
- Evidence for an association of the big five personality factors with recurrence of depressive symptoms in later lifeBas Steunenberg
Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University, Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 24:1470-7. 2009..Secondly, we studied whether there are gender and age differences in the strength of these associations...
- Personality predicts recurrence of late-life depressionBas Steunenberg
Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 123:164-72. 2010..To examine the association of personality with recurrence of depression in later life...
- When children of problem drinkers grow old: does the increased risk of mental disorders persist?Pim Cuijpers
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Addict Behav 31:2284-91. 2006..It was already known that parental problem drinking results in mental health problems in children. We found clear indications that these problems do not disappear when these children grow old...
- Actions taken to cope with depressed mood: the role of personality traitsPim Cuijpers
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Aging Ment Health 11:457-63. 2007..People scoring high on openness considered many of the actions to be helpful. We conclude that actions taken to cope with depression and their helpfulness differ considerably for subjects with differing personality traits...