H G Roozen
Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit
Country: The Netherlands
- Dangers involved in rapid opioid detoxification while using opioid antagonists: dehydration and renal failureH G Roozen
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Addiction 97:1071-3. 2002
- Experiences with an outpatient relapse program (community reinforcement approach) combined with naltrexone in the treatment of opioid-dependence: effect on addictive behaviors and the predictive value of psychiatric comorbidityH G Roozen
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Addict Res 9:53-8. 2003..The effects of this compound are probably more favorable when combined with a psychosocial intervention such as the Community Reinforcement Approach (CRA)...
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of the community reinforcement approach in alcohol, cocaine and opioid addictionHendrik G Roozen
Department of Clinical Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, 1081 BT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Drug Alcohol Depend 74:1-13. 2004..Finally, there is strong evidence that CRA with abstinence-contingent "incentives" is more effective than CRA (non-contingent incentives) treatment aimed at cocaine abstinence...
- A systematic review of the effectiveness of naltrexone in the maintenance treatment of opioid and alcohol dependenceHendrik G Roozen
Novadic Kentron, Network for Addiction Treatment Services, Roosendaal Sint Oedenrode, The Netherlands
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 16:311-23. 2006..However, the data suggest that a combination of naltrexone with cognitive behavioural relapse prevention therapy is beneficial in alcohol dependent patients...
- Effects on smoking cessation: naltrexone combined with a cognitive behavioral treatment based on the community reinforcement approachHendrik G Roozen
Department of Clinical Psychology, Research Institute of Psychology and Health, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Subst Use Misuse 41:45-60. 2006..The abstinence rate in the CRA group was nearly double that in the non-psychosocial therapy group (46% vs. 25%; NS) at 3 months follow-up after treatment...
- High abstinence rates in heroin addicts by a new comprehensive treatment approachCor A J De Jong
Novadic Kentron, Network for Addiction Treatment Services Nijmegen Institute for Scientist Practitioners in Addiction, Radboud University, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Am J Addict 16:124-30. 2007..This abstinence-oriented approach appears to be a feasible goal, and remains an important option next to long-term methadone maintenance in the management of opioid dependence...
- Efficacy and tolerability of naltrexone in the treatment of alcohol dependence: oral versus injectable deliveryHendrik G Roozen
Novadic Kentron, Network for Addiction Treatment Services, Roosendaal, The Netherlands
Eur Addict Res 13:201-6. 2007..Randomized studies with direct comparisons of oral and injectable naltrexone are urgently needed...
- Neuropsychiatric insights in clinical practice: from relapse prevention toward relapse managementHendrik G Roozen
Am J Addict 16:530-1. 2007