Affiliation: Vrije Universiteit
Country: The Netherlands
- Media awards for responsible reporting of suicide: Experiences from Australia, Belgium and DenmarkAndrew J Dare
Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Int J Ment Health Syst 5:15. 2011..abstract:..
- [Prevention of post-discharge suicide: an inventory]A Huisman
Klinische Psychologie, Psychopathologie en Suïcidepreventie aan de Vrije Universiteitin Amsterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 50:197-203. 2008..However, there has been very little research into the prevention policies that mental health care centres pursue in order to reduce this risk...
- An examination of the Dutch Health Care Inspectorate's supervision system for suicides of mental health care usersAnnemiek Huisman
Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University, Amsterdam, Van der Boechorststraat 1, Amsterdam 1081BT, Netherlands
Psychiatr Serv 60:80-5. 2009..The aims were to determine whether follow-up was associated with particular characteristics and whether the responses could be improved in accordance with guidelines for treatment of suicidal patients...
- Suicides in users of mental health care services: treatment characteristics and hindsight reflectionsAnnemiek Huisman
Department of Clinical Psychology, VU University Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Suicide Life Threat Behav 41:41-9. 2011..The results indicate that the quality of mental health care for suicidal patients could be improved by focusing on communication among clinicians, continuity of care, suicide risk assessment procedures, and the involvement of relatives...
- Psychopathology and suicide method in mental health careAnnemiek Huisman
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, EMGO, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Affect Disord 121:94-9. 2010..Not all suicide methods are evenly distributed among different psychiatric disorders...
- [Pregnant and mentally incompetent]M Kollen
afd Verloskunde en Gynaecologie, Ziekenhuis Rijnstate, Arnhem
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 146:745-7. 2002....
- [A flow chart for the laboratory diagnosis of anaemia as requested by general practice]A Huisman
Universitair Medisch Centrum Utrecht, Laboratorium Klinische Chemie en Haematologie, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:2302-4. 2007..Consequently, a simple laboratory diagnosis algorithm could be applied to frequently occurring causes of anaemia, such as iron deficiency. Should the cause be a rarer one, then a specialist should be consulted...