Country: The Netherlands
- Is autoimmune thyroiditis part of the genetic vulnerability (or an endophenotype) for bipolar disorder?Ronald Vonk
Reinier van Arkel group, s Hertogenbosch, Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 62:135-40. 2007..This study was intended to examine whether autoimmune thyroiditis is related to the disease itself, to the (genetic) vulnerability to develop bipolar disorder, or both...
- Genetic and environmental influences on focal brain density in bipolar disorderAstrid C van der Schot
Department of Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Brain 133:3080-92. 2010....
- Influence of genes and environment on brain volumes in twin pairs concordant and discordant for bipolar disorderAstrid C van der Schot
Department of Psychiatry, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:142-51. 2009..Structural neuroimaging studies suggest the presence of subtle abnormalities in the brains of patients with bipolar disorder. The influence of genetic and/or environmental factors on these brain abnormalities is unknown...
- Differential methylation of the X-chromosome is a possible source of discordance for bipolar disorder female monozygotic twinsAraceli Rosa
Division of Psychological Medicine, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 147:459-62. 2008....
- Monocyte-derived dendritic cells in bipolar disorderEsther M Knijff
Department of Immunology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 59:317-26. 2006..Dendritic cells (DC) are key regulators of the immune system, which is compromised in patients with bipolar disorder. We sought to study monocyte-derived DC in bipolar disorder...
- A discriminating messenger RNA signature for bipolar disorder formed by an aberrant expression of inflammatory genes in monocytesRoos C Padmos
Department of Immunology, Erasmus Medical Center, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:395-407. 2008..Mood disturbances are associated with an activated inflammatory response system...