D J Vinkers
Country: The Netherlands
- Pre-trial reported defendants in the Netherlands with intellectual disability, borderline and normal intellectual functioningDavid J Vinkers
Netherlands Institute for Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology, Rotterdam, Netherlands
J Appl Res Intellect Disabil 26:357-61. 2013..Intellectually disabled offenders may have different characteristics than offenders with average intellectual functioning. We therefore compared pre-trial reported defendants with an IQ score ≤70, 71-84 and ≥85 points...
- Ethnicity and dangerousness criteria for court ordered admission to a psychiatric hospitalD J Vinkers
O3 Research Centre, Mental Health Care Rijnmond, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 45:221-4. 2010..Black and minority ethnic (BME) populations are disproportionately detained in psychiatric hospitals...
- Pre-trial psychiatric evaluations and ethnicity in the NetherlandsDavid J Vinkers
Netherlands Institute for Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology, The Netherlands
Int J Law Psychiatry 33:192-6. 2010..This study examined the relationship among the assessments of psychological accountability for a crime, treatment recommendations, and ethnicity among persons accused of a crime and suspected of having a mental disorder...
- [Pre-trial psychiatric reports on Antillean suspected offenders in the Netherlands and on the Dutch Antilles]D J Vinkers
Nederlands Instituut voor Forensische Psychaitrie en Psychologie te Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 52:745-52. 2010..The registered criminality among Antilleans living in the Netherlands is much higher than among Antilleans living on the Dutch Antilles (113 offences and 11 offences respectively, per year per 1000 persons, p<0.001)...
- [Borderline intellectual functioning in Antillean suspected offenders]D J Vinkers
Nederlands Instituut voor Forensische Psychiatrie en Psychologie, Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 53:9-14. 2011..There is a high prevalence of borderline intellectual functioning in the pretrial reports on Antillean suspected offenders...
- Crime and mental disorders among native Dutch and ethnic minority juvenile defendants in the NetherlandsDavid J Vinkers
Netherlands Institute of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology, The Netherlands
Int J Law Psychiatry 34:131-4. 2011..It remains unclear from our data whether these differences reflect a false stereotype of ethnic minority populations as being more dangerous and threatening...
- The relationship between mental disorders and different types of crimeDavid J Vinkers
Netherlands Institute for Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology, Noordsingel 113, 3035 EM, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Crim Behav Ment Health 21:307-20. 2011..Previous studies of relationships between mental disorder and crime have tended to group the mental disorders, the crimes or both, leaving uncertainty about a more specific mental disorder: crime relationships...
- [Ethnic differences between pre-trial suspected offenders]D J Vinkers
Nederlands Instituut voor Forensische Psychiatrie en Psychologie te Rotterdam
Tijdschr Psychiatr 53:801-11. 2011..Black and minority ethnic (BME) patients with a severe psychiatric disorder are compulsory admitted to psychiatric hospitals more often than Dutch native patients...