Gert Jan van der Putten
Country: The Netherlands
- [The guideline Oral Health Care for dependent residents in long term care facilities, 2007: dire necessity!]G J van der Putten
Tijdschr Gerontol Geriatr 39:202-7. 2008..Attention is given to the importance of an adequate implementation of this guideline as well as to the necessity of research evaluating the effects of it's implementation...
- Effectiveness of supervised implementation of an oral health care guideline in care homes; a single-blinded cluster randomized controlled trialGert Jan van der Putten
BENECOMO, Flemish Netherlands Geriatric Oral Research Group, Department of Oral Function and Prosthetic Dentistry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, Nijmegen, HB, 6500, The Netherlands
Clin Oral Investig 17:1143-53. 2013..The objective of this study was to assess the effectiveness of a supervised implementation of the "Oral health care Guideline for Older people in Long-term care Institutions" (OGOLI) in The Netherlands...
- Association of some specific nutrient deficiencies with periodontal disease in elderly people: A systematic literature reviewGert Jan van der Putten
Zorgaccent Amersfoort Medical Services, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Nutrition 25:717-22. 2009..This article systematically reviews the currently available literature on the feasible association of vitamin B complex, vitamin C, vitamin D, calcium, and magnesium deficiencies with periodontal disease in elderly people...
- Supervised versus non-supervised implementation of an oral health care guideline in (residential) care homes: a cluster randomized controlled clinical trialGert Jan van der Putten
Birkhoven Care estate, P O Box 363, 3800 AJ Amersfoort, The Netherlands
BMC Oral Health 10:17. 2010..The overall aim of this study is to compare a supervised versus a non-supervised implementation of the guideline in The Netherlands and Flanders (Belgium)...
- Saliva secretion rate and acidity in a group of physically disabled older care home residentsGert Jan van der Putten
BENECOMO, Flemish Netherlands Geriatric Oral Research Group, Department of Oral Function and Prosthetic Dentistry, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Odontology 101:108-15. 2013..In residents aged >70 years, the acidity of resting whole saliva was positively associated with age. The acidity of acid-stimulated whole saliva of all residents was positively associated with the number of medications used...
- An oral health care guideline for institutionalised older peopleLuc M J De Visschere
BENECOMO, Flemish Netherlands Geriatric Oral Research Group, Dental School, University Ghent, Ghent, Belgium
Gerodontology 28:307-10. 2011..This emphasizes the need for further research on oral health of institutionalized older people...
- The diagnostic suitability of a xerostomia questionnaire and the association between xerostomia, hyposalivation and medication use in a group of nursing home residentsGert Jan van der Putten
BENECOMO, Flemish Netherlands Geriatric Oral Research Group and Zorgaccent Amersfoort, Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Clin Oral Investig 15:185-92. 2011..In nursing home residents, xerostomia, hyposalivation and using hyposalivation-related medications seem common and partially associated features...