M A Tryfonidou
Affiliation: Utrecht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Krouwels A, Melchels F, Van Rijen M, Oner F, Dhert W, Tryfonidou M, et al. Comparing Hydrogels for Human Nucleus Pulposus Regeneration: Role of Osmolarity During Expansion. Tissue Eng Part C Methods. 2018;24:222-232 pubmed publisher..Although culture in SF medium reduces the amount of proteoglycans produced during redifferentiation culture, isolating and expanding the cells in high osmolarity medium can largely compensate for this loss. ..
- Bach F, Zhang Y, Miranda Bedate A, Verdonschot L, Bergknut N, Creemers L, et al. Increased caveolin-1 in intervertebral disc degeneration facilitates repair. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:59 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to investigate how caveolin-1 modifies other signaling pathways and facilitates IVD repair. ..
- Arkesteijn I, Smolders L, Spillekom S, Riemers F, Potier E, Meij B, et al. Effect of coculturing canine notochordal, nucleus pulposus and mesenchymal stromal cells for intervertebral disc regeneration. Arthritis Res Ther. 2015;17:60 pubmed publisher..In this respect, NC-conditioned medium may be better than coculture for future studies of the regenerative potential of NCs. ..
- Olthof M, Tryfonidou M, Liu X, Pouran B, Meij B, Dhert W, et al. Phosphate functional groups improve OPF osteoconduction and BMP-2 osteoinductive efficacy. Tissue Eng Part A. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Therefore, functionalizing hydrogels with phosphate groups by crosslinking monomers into the hydrogel matrix could provide a valuable method for improving polymer characteristics and hold great promise for bone tissue engineering. ..
- Smolders L, Meij B, Onis D, Riemers F, Bergknut N, Wubbolts R, et al. Gene expression profiling of early intervertebral disc degeneration reveals a down-regulation of canonical Wnt signaling and caveolin-1 expression: implications for development of regenerative strategies. Arthritis Res Ther. 2013;15:R23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Caveolin-1 may be regarded an exciting target for developing strategies for IVD regeneration. ..