Affiliation: Utrecht University
Country: The Netherlands
- Trehalose 6-phosphate is indispensable for carbohydrate utilization and growth in Arabidopsis thalianaHenriette Schluepmann
Molecular Plant Physiology, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:6849-54. 2003..Furthermore, embryolethal A. thaliana tps1 mutants are rescued by expression of E. coli TPS, but not by supply of trehalose, suggesting that T6P control over primary metabolism is indispensable for development...
- Trehalose mediated growth inhibition of Arabidopsis seedlings is due to trehalose-6-phosphate accumulationHenriette Schluepmann
Molecular Plant Physiology, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, 3584CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 135:879-90. 2004..Interestingly, Suc addition represses 15 of these genes, one of which is AtKIN11, encoding a Sucrose Non Fermenting 1 (SNF1)-related kinase known to play a role in Suc utilization...
- Trehalose 6-phosphate regulates starch synthesis via posttranslational redox activation of ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylaseAnna Kolbe
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Golm, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11118-23. 2005..The discovery informs about the evolution of plant metabolism and how chloroplasts of prokaryotic origin use an intermediate of the ancient trehalose pathway to report the metabolic status of the cytosol...
- Determination of trehalose-6-phosphate in Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings by hydrophilic-interaction liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryJavier Sastre Toraño
BioMolecular Analysis, Utrecht Institute for Pharmaceutical Sciences, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Anal Bioanal Chem 403:1353-60. 2012..Similar concentrations were found with AEC-MS. HILIC-MS was also evaluated at a high flow rate (2.0 ml/min). This high-speed method resolved the Suc6P and Tre6P peaks within 3 min yielding a detection limit of 1.3 nM Tre6P...
- Growth arrest by trehalose-6-phosphate: an astonishing case of primary metabolite control over growth by way of the SnRK1 signaling pathwayThierry L Delatte
Molecular Plant Physiology, Utrecht University, 3584CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 157:160-74. 2011..These results reveal an astonishing case of primary metabolite control over growth by way of the SnRK1 signaling pathway involving T6P, SnRK1, and bZIP11...
- Arabidopsis trehalose-6-phosphate synthase 1 is essential for normal vegetative growth and transition to floweringAnja J H van Dijken
Department of Molecular Plant Physiology, Utrecht University, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands
Plant Physiol 135:969-77. 2004..Moreover, tps1/tps1 plants are retarded in growth and remain generative during their lifetime. Absence of Trehalose-6-Phosphate Synthase 1 in Arabidopsis plants precludes transition to flowering...
- Determination of trehalose-6-phosphate in Arabidopsis seedlings by successive extractions followed by anion exchange chromatography-mass spectrometryThierry L Delatte
Department of Biomedical Analysis, Utrecht University, 3584 CA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Anal Biochem 389:12-7. 2009..Results reveal that T6P accumulation differed substantially in the four mutant lines and wild type (WT). It is concluded that the mutants circumvent the growth arrest observed in WT seedlings on 100mM trehalose by different mechanisms...
- Metabolism control over growth: a case for trehalose-6-phosphate in plantsHenriette Schluepmann
Molecular Plant Physiology, Utrecht University, Padualaan 8, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Exp Bot 63:3379-90. 2012..Finally, the insight gained with respect to the possible role of T6P metabolism, where it is known to alter developmental and environmental responses of plants, is discussed...