Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Disruption of endothelial caveolae is associated with impairment of both NO- as well as EDHF in acetylcholine-induced relaxation depending on their relative contribution in different vascular bedsY Xu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Life Sci 80:1678-85. 2007..In contrast, in mesenteric arteries, filipin treatment only reduced EDHF formation. Disruption of endothelial caveolae is associated with the impairment of both NO and EDHF in acetylcholine-induced relaxation...
- Acetylcholine stimulated dilatation and stretch induced myogenic constriction in mesenteric artery of rats with chronic heart failureY Xu
Groningen University Institute for Drug Exploration, Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Heart Fail 9:144-51. 2007....
- Molecular cloning and expression of a cDNA encoding a novel isoenzyme of protein kinase C (nPKC). A new member of the nPKC family expressed in skeletal muscle, megakaryoblastic cells, and plateletsJ D Chang
Harvard Thorndike Laboratory, Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02215
J Biol Chem 268:14208-14. 1993..These findings extend the PKC family and suggest a novel approach to the study of diversity within this pathway of intracellular signal transduction...
- Activated RHOA and peripheral axon regenerationC Cheng
University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Exp Neurol 212:358-69. 2008..RHOA activation and signaling are features of adult peripheral axon regeneration within its own milieu, independent of myelin. Inhibition of its activation may benefit peripheral axon lesions...
- Novel role of HDAC inhibitors in AML1/ETO AML cells: activation of apoptosis and phagocytosis through induction of annexin A1Y Tabe
Section of Molecular Hematology and Therapy, Department of Blood and Marrow Transplantation, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cell Death Differ 14:1443-56. 2007..These findings identify a novel mechanism of action of HDAC inhibitors, which induce the expression and externalization of ANXA1 in leukemic cells, which in turn mediates the phagocytic clearance of apoptotic cells by macrophages...
- Expression of Eph receptor tyrosine kinases and their ligands in human Granulosa lutein cells and human umbilical vein endothelial cellsY Xu
Beijing University First Hospital, Beijing, China
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 114:590-5. 2006..The remarkable similarity between these two cell types supports the theory of a functional relationship of EC and GC. In addition, it was shown that hCG is not a major determinant of Eph/ephrin regulation in GC...
- New metabolically stabilized analogues of lysophosphatidic acid: agonists, antagonists and enzyme inhibitorsG D Prestwich
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, The University of Utah, 419 Wakara Way, Suite 205, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 33:1357-61. 2005....
- Sphingosine 1-phosphate-induced vasoconstriction is elevated in mesenteric resistance arteries from aged female ratsD G Hemmings
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Perinatal Research Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6G 2S2
Br J Pharmacol 143:276-84. 2004..Estrogen replacement in aging female rats restores both S1P(1) receptor expression and NOS activity, suggesting an important role for estrogen in this novel pathway of vascular tone modulation...
- mRNA expression of basic fibroblast growth factor from a single intratracheal instillation of papain-induced emphysema in ratsJ Fu
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030
J Tongji Med Univ 21:297-300. 2001..It was suggested that the up-regulation of bFGF mRNA expression during the development of emphysema can lead pulmonary interstitial fibrosis, which may take part in the injury and repair and the lung tissue reconstruction...
- [A study of the effect of protein kinase C on the expression of nitric oxide synthase mRNA in pulmonary artery smooth muscle in hypoxia]Y Ding
Department of Respiratory Disease, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong Science and Technology University, Wuhan 430030, China
Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi 24:588-91. 2001..The effect of PKC in hypoxic pulmonary hypertension may be made by inhibiting the expression of cNOS mRNA and modulating NO. The site of the effect of PKC may be in upstream of NO. The mechanism of it needs to be studied further...
- Nitric oxide modulates cardiac Na(+) channel via protein kinase A and protein kinase GG U Ahmmed
Divisions of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, California, USA
Circ Res 89:1005-13. 2001....
- Dorsal and ventral medullary catecholamine cell groups contribute differentially to systemic interleukin-1beta-induced hypothalamic pituitary adrenal axis responsesK Buller
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Neuroendocrinology 73:129-38. 2001..These studies provide novel evidence that both the NTS and VLM catecholamine cells have important, but differential, contributions to the generation of IL-1beta-induced HPA axis responses...
- UV-induced expression of GADD45 is mediated by an oxidant sensitive pathway in cultured human keratinocytes and in human skin in vivoY Wan
Department of Biology, Providence College, Providence, RI 02918, USA
Int J Mol Med 6:683-8. 2000..Collectively, our data suggest that UV-induced GADD45alpha expression occur via an EGF receptor-mediated oxidative pathway sensitive to antioxidant regulation...
- Prenylation-dependent association of protein-tyrosine phosphatases PRL-1, -2, and -3 with the plasma membrane and the early endosomeQ Zeng
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Drive, Singapore 117609, Republic of Singapore
J Biol Chem 275:21444-52. 2000....
- Endobrevin, a novel synaptobrevin/VAMP-like protein preferentially associated with the early endosomeS H Wong
Membrane Biology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore 117609, Singapore
Mol Biol Cell 9:1549-63. 1998....
- Interaction of the adaptor protein Shc and the adhesion molecule cadherinY Xu
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 272:13463-6. 1997..Shc may therefore participate in the control of cell-cell adhesion as well as mitogenic signaling through Ras...
- Renal hypertensive angiopathy. Comparison between chronic NO suppression and DOCA-salt intoxicationY Xu
INSERM U28, Paris, France
Am J Hypertens 8:167-76. 1995..We therefore suggest that the activation of the renin-angiotensin system participates specifically in the development of the second stage of hypertension during chronic blockade of NO synthase involving nephroangiosclerosis and LVH...
- Silicone oil in the surgical treatment of traumatic endophthalmitisH Yan
Department of Ophthalmology, Tianjin Medical University General Hospital, Tianjin China
Eur J Ophthalmol 18:680-4. 2008..To explore the effects of vitrectomy combined with silicone oil injection in the treatment of traumatic endophthalmitis without retinal detachment, and analyze the relative factors...