John H J Wokke
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Quantification of SMN protein in leucocytes from spinal muscular atrophy patients: effects of treatment with valproic acidSanne Piepers
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 82:850-2. 2011..Increasing SMN protein production by histone deacetylase inhibiting drugs such as valproic acid (VPA) is an experimental treatment strategy for SMA...
- Clinical features and predictors for disease natural progression in adults with Pompe disease: a nationwide prospective observational studyNadine A M E van der Beek
Department of Neurology, Center for Lysosomal and Metabolic Diseases, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, s Gravendijkwal 230, 3015 CE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:88. 2012..Furthermore, we defined the natural disease course and identified prognostic factors for disease progression...
- Effect of enzyme therapy and prognostic factors in 69 adults with Pompe disease: an open-label single-center studyJuna M de Vries
Department of Neurology and Center for Lysosomal and Metabolic Diseases, Erasmus MC University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:73. 2012..We investigated whether it alters the course of disease, and also identified potential prognostic factors...
- Fatigue is part of the burden of neuromuscular diseasesJohn H J Wokke
J Neurol 254:948-9. 2007
- Weighted gene co-expression network analysis of the peripheral blood from Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis patientsChristiaan G J Saris
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht 3584 CX, The Netherlands
BMC Genomics 10:405. 2009..Since access to spinal cord tissue is not possible at disease onset, we investigated changes in gene expression profiles in whole blood of ALS patients...
- Clinical features of late-onset Pompe disease: a prospective cohort studyJohn H J Wokke
Universitair Medisch Centrum Utrecht HP G03 228, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, Netherlands
Muscle Nerve 38:1236-45. 2008..The outcome measures were demonstrated to be safe and reliable. Symptom duration was identified as the best predictor of the extent of skeletal and respiratory muscle weakness...
- Is cold paresis related to axonal depolarization?Hessel Franssen
Department of Neurology, Neuromuscular Disease Group, Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neuroscience, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Peripher Nerv Syst 15:227-37. 2010..The induced weakness may be explained not only by this mechanism but also by impaired muscle contraction...
- Magnesium treatment for patients with refractory status epilepticus due to POLG1-mutationsNora A Visser
Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, Department of Neurology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurol 258:218-22. 2011..Given the difficulties encountered while treating epilepsy in patients with this syndrome, magnesium therapy might be considered...
- Effect of non-invasive ventilation on survival, quality of life, respiratory function and cognition: a review of the literatureSanne Piepers
Department of Neurology, Rudolph Magnus Institute of Neuroscience, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Amyotroph Lateral Scler 7:195-200. 2006..All studies suggest a beneficial effect on QoL and other outcome measures (Evidence level Class II-III). Well-designed randomized controlled trials comparing the effect on QoL and survival have not been performed...
- Severity of Guillain-Barré syndrome is associated with Fc gamma Receptor III polymorphismsNina M van Sorge
Department of Neurology G03 228, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neuroimmunol 162:157-64. 2005..Results suggest that Fc gammaRIII genotypes may represent mild disease-modifying factors in GBS...