B W M Willemse
Affiliation: University Hospital Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Development, validity and responsiveness of the Clinical COPD QuestionnaireThys van der Molen
Department of General Practice, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Health Qual Life Outcomes 1:13. 2003..So far no validated questionnaires are available to measure symptom and functional state in daily clinical practice. The aim of this study was to develop and validate the Clinical COPD Questionnaire (CCQ)...
- The impact of smoking cessation on respiratory symptoms, lung function, airway hyperresponsiveness and inflammationB W M Willemse
Dept of Pathology, University Hospital Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 23:464-76. 2004....
- Smoking cessation improves both direct and indirect airway hyperresponsiveness in COPDB W M Willemse
University Hospital Groningen, Dept of Pathology, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ, Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 24:391-6. 2004..Thus, other factors are likely to induce these improvements, e.g. a reduction in stimulation of irritant receptors, airway wall changes or mucus hypersecretion...
- Effect of 1-year smoking cessation on airway inflammation in COPD and asymptomatic smokersB W M Willemse
University Medical Centre Groningen, Dept of Pathology, Hanzeplein 1, 9713 GZ Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 26:835-45. 2005..It remains to be elucidated whether this reflects a beneficial or detrimental effect...
- Increased number of B-cells in bronchial biopsies in COPDM M E Gosman
Dept of Pulmonology, University Medical Center Groningen, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 27:60-4. 2006..The authors suggest that these increased B-cell numbers may have an important contribution to the pathogenesis of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...