Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Location: , Netherlands
- Quality assurance of 4D-CT scan techniques in multicenter phase III trial of surgery versus stereotactic radiotherapy (radiosurgery or surgery for operable early stage (stage 1A) non-small-cell lung cancer [ROSEL] study)Coen W Hurkmans
Department of Radiation Oncology, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:918-27. 2011..To determine the accuracy of four-dimensional computed tomography (4D-CT) scanning techniques in institutions participating in a Phase III trial of surgery vs. stereotactic radiotherapy (SBRT) for lung cancer...
- Impaired quality of life in patients commencing radiotherapy for cancerMonika Janda
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical School, University of Vienna, General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Strahlenther Onkol 180:78-83. 2004....
- Dosimetric evaluation of heterogeneity corrections for RTOG 0236: stereotactic body radiotherapy of inoperable Stage I-II non-small-cell lung cancer. In reply to Dr. Xiao et alCohen W Hurkmans
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:318; author reply 318. 2009
- Optimizing dose prescription in stereotactic body radiotherapy for lung tumours using Monte Carlo dose calculationJoachim Widder
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, P O Box 30 001, 9700RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 94:42-6. 2010..To define a method of dose prescription employing Monte Carlo (MC) dose calculation in stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for lung tumours aiming at a dose as low as possible outside of the PTV...
- Vienna international summer school on experimental and clinical oncology for medical students: an Austrian cancer education projectSabine Fromm-Haidenberger
Institute of Radiology, LKH Gmunden, Miller v Aichholzstrasse 49, 4810, Gmunden, Austria
J Cancer Educ 25:51-4. 2010..The summer school has a high degree of acceptance and is a very useful tool to teach medical students about oncology and approaching a cancer patient...
- Preoperative chemotherapy with cisplatin and docetaxel followed by surgery and clip-oriented postoperative chemoradiation in patients with localized gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma: results from a phase II feasibility studyG Spizzo
Division of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine V, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Surg Oncol 18:677-83. 2011..We conducted a phase II feasibility study using preoperative chemotherapy with cisplatin and docetaxel followed by surgical resection and postoperative chemoradiation in patients with gastric or gastroesophageal cancer...
- 18F-FDG PET during stereotactic body radiotherapy for stage I lung tumours cannot predict outcome: a pilot studyErwin M Wiegman
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:1059-63. 2011..However, whether a metabolic response can be observed already during treatment and thus can be used to predict treatment outcome is undetermined...
- 18F-FLT-PET for detection of rectal cancerChristina T Muijs
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 98:357-9. 2011....
- Survival and quality of life after stereotactic or 3D-conformal radiotherapy for inoperable early-stage lung cancerJoachim Widder
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:e291-7. 2011....
- Meta-analysis of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer (MACH-NC): an update on 93 randomised trials and 17,346 patientsJean Pierre Pignon
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 92:4-14. 2009..However the heterogeneity of the results limited the conclusions and prompted us to confirm the results on a more complete database by adding the randomised trials conducted between 1994 and 2000...
- Recommendations for implementing stereotactic radiotherapy in peripheral stage IA non-small cell lung cancer: report from the Quality Assurance Working Party of the randomised phase III ROSEL studyCoen W Hurkmans
Department of Radiation Therapy, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Radiat Oncol 4:1. 2009..Due to rapid changes in radiotherapy technology and evolving techniques for image-guided delivery, guidelines had to be developed in order to ensure uniformity in implementation of stereotactic radiotherapy in this multi-centre study...
- Intensified Adjuvant IFADIC Chemotherapy for Adult Soft Tissue Sarcoma: A Prospective Randomized Feasibility TrialT Brodowicz
Clinical Division of Oncology Vienna Austria
Sarcoma 4:151-60. 2000....
- The origins of medical evidence: communication and experimentationJoachim Widder
Dept of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Med Health Care Philos 7:99-104. 2004....
- Hyperfractionated accelerated radiochemotherapy (HFA-RCT) with mitomycin C for advanced head and neck cancerJ Widder
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Radiother Oncol 73:173-7. 2004..This treatment is at the edge of local tolerability, but there is a good curative chance even for very advanced localised tumours, provided a complete remission is induced at primary treatment...
- [Revolution of disease concept through pathologic-anatomical thinking and its broadening in future medical research]Joachim Widder
Universitätsklinik für Strahlentherapie, AKH Medizinische Universität, Wien, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 116:804-7. 2004
- Preoperative short-term radiation therapy (25 Gy, 2.5 Gy twice daily) for primary resectable rectal cancer (phase II)J Widder
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Cancer 92:1209-14. 2005..Bowel function was satisfactory after more than 5 years. Local control in primarily resectable rectal cancer after 10 x 2.5 Gy is excellent, warranting further evaluation of this treatment...
- Preoperative sequential short-term radiotherapy plus chemotherapy can induce complete remission in T3N2 rectal cancerJoachim Widder
Acta Oncol 44:921-3. 2005
- [Who makes decisions--the dilemma of decision-making within the framework of job-sharing in a hospital]Elisabeth Voglmayr
Palliativstation des Krankenhauses der Elisabethinen, Linz, Osterreich
Wien Med Wochenschr 156:314-7. 2006..A possible solution to such a complex problem will be the introduction of ethical case deliberation...
- Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. In regard to Fietkau et al. (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2007;67:1008-1019)Joachim Widder
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1581; author reply 1580-1. 2007
- Radiation dose associated with local control in advanced anal cancer: retrospective analysis of 129 patientsJoachim Widder
Department of Radiotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Radiother Oncol 87:367-75. 2008..To retrospectively analyse a large consecutive cohort of patients with anal cancer for treatment-related factors influencing local control and survival...
- Pulmonary oligometastases: Metastasectomy or stereotactic ablative radiotherapy?Joachim Widder
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Radiother Oncol 107:409-13. 2013..We analysed consecutive patients referred via a university-hospital based multidisciplinary team...