Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Location: , Netherlands
- Quality assurance of 4D-CT scan techniques in multicenter phase III trial of surgery versus stereotactic radiotherapy (radiosurgery or surgery for operable early stage (stage 1A) non-small-cell lung cancer [ROSEL] study)Coen W Hurkmans
Department of Radiation Oncology, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 80:918-27. 2011..To determine the accuracy of four-dimensional computed tomography (4D-CT) scanning techniques in institutions participating in a Phase III trial of surgery vs. stereotactic radiotherapy (SBRT) for lung cancer...
- Impaired quality of life in patients commencing radiotherapy for cancerMonika Janda
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical School, University of Vienna, General Hospital, Vienna, Austria
Strahlenther Onkol 180:78-83. 2004....
- Dosimetric evaluation of heterogeneity corrections for RTOG 0236: stereotactic body radiotherapy of inoperable Stage I-II non-small-cell lung cancer. In reply to Dr. Xiao et alCohen W Hurkmans
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:318; author reply 318. 2009
- Optimizing dose prescription in stereotactic body radiotherapy for lung tumours using Monte Carlo dose calculationJoachim Widder
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, P O Box 30 001, 9700RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 94:42-6. 2010..To define a method of dose prescription employing Monte Carlo (MC) dose calculation in stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for lung tumours aiming at a dose as low as possible outside of the PTV...
- Vienna international summer school on experimental and clinical oncology for medical students: an Austrian cancer education projectSabine Fromm-Haidenberger
Institute of Radiology, LKH Gmunden, Miller v Aichholzstrasse 49, 4810, Gmunden, Austria
J Cancer Educ 25:51-4. 2010..The summer school has a high degree of acceptance and is a very useful tool to teach medical students about oncology and approaching a cancer patient...
- Preoperative chemotherapy with cisplatin and docetaxel followed by surgery and clip-oriented postoperative chemoradiation in patients with localized gastric or gastroesophageal junction adenocarcinoma: results from a phase II feasibility studyG Spizzo
Division of Haematology and Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine V, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Ann Surg Oncol 18:677-83. 2011..We conducted a phase II feasibility study using preoperative chemotherapy with cisplatin and docetaxel followed by surgical resection and postoperative chemoradiation in patients with gastric or gastroesophageal cancer...
- 18F-FDG PET during stereotactic body radiotherapy for stage I lung tumours cannot predict outcome: a pilot studyErwin M Wiegman
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 38:1059-63. 2011..However, whether a metabolic response can be observed already during treatment and thus can be used to predict treatment outcome is undetermined...
- 18F-FLT-PET for detection of rectal cancerChristina T Muijs
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 98:357-9. 2011....
- Survival and quality of life after stereotactic or 3D-conformal radiotherapy for inoperable early-stage lung cancerJoachim Widder
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 81:e291-7. 2011....
- Meta-analysis of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer (MACH-NC): an update on 93 randomised trials and 17,346 patientsJean Pierre Pignon
Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Institut Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France
Radiother Oncol 92:4-14. 2009..However the heterogeneity of the results limited the conclusions and prompted us to confirm the results on a more complete database by adding the randomised trials conducted between 1994 and 2000...
- Recommendations for implementing stereotactic radiotherapy in peripheral stage IA non-small cell lung cancer: report from the Quality Assurance Working Party of the randomised phase III ROSEL studyCoen W Hurkmans
Department of Radiation Therapy, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Radiat Oncol 4:1. 2009..Due to rapid changes in radiotherapy technology and evolving techniques for image-guided delivery, guidelines had to be developed in order to ensure uniformity in implementation of stereotactic radiotherapy in this multi-centre study...
- Intensified Adjuvant IFADIC Chemotherapy for Adult Soft Tissue Sarcoma: A Prospective Randomized Feasibility TrialT Brodowicz
Clinical Division of Oncology Vienna Austria
Sarcoma 4:151-60. 2000....
- The origins of medical evidence: communication and experimentationJoachim Widder
Dept of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Med Health Care Philos 7:99-104. 2004....
- Hyperfractionated accelerated radiochemotherapy (HFA-RCT) with mitomycin C for advanced head and neck cancerJ Widder
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Vienna General Hospital, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Radiother Oncol 73:173-7. 2004..This treatment is at the edge of local tolerability, but there is a good curative chance even for very advanced localised tumours, provided a complete remission is induced at primary treatment...
- [Revolution of disease concept through pathologic-anatomical thinking and its broadening in future medical research]Joachim Widder
Universitätsklinik für Strahlentherapie, AKH Medizinische Universität, Wien, Osterreich
Wien Klin Wochenschr 116:804-7. 2004
- Preoperative short-term radiation therapy (25 Gy, 2.5 Gy twice daily) for primary resectable rectal cancer (phase II)J Widder
Department of Radiotherapy and Radiobiology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Cancer 92:1209-14. 2005..Bowel function was satisfactory after more than 5 years. Local control in primarily resectable rectal cancer after 10 x 2.5 Gy is excellent, warranting further evaluation of this treatment...
- Preoperative sequential short-term radiotherapy plus chemotherapy can induce complete remission in T3N2 rectal cancerJoachim Widder
Acta Oncol 44:921-3. 2005
- [Who makes decisions--the dilemma of decision-making within the framework of job-sharing in a hospital]Elisabeth Voglmayr
Palliativstation des Krankenhauses der Elisabethinen, Linz, Osterreich
Wien Med Wochenschr 156:314-7. 2006..A possible solution to such a complex problem will be the introduction of ethical case deliberation...
- Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. In regard to Fietkau et al. (Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 2007;67:1008-1019)Joachim Widder
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1581; author reply 1580-1. 2007
- Radiation dose associated with local control in advanced anal cancer: retrospective analysis of 129 patientsJoachim Widder
Department of Radiotherapy, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Radiother Oncol 87:367-75. 2008..To retrospectively analyse a large consecutive cohort of patients with anal cancer for treatment-related factors influencing local control and survival...
- Concurrent gemcitabine and 3D radiotherapy in patients with stage III unresectable non-small cell lung cancerGerald S M A Kerner
University of Groningen and Department of Pulmonary Diseases, University Medical Center Groningen, Hanzeplein 1, P, O, Box 30, 001, Groningen 9700 RB, The Netherlands
Radiat Oncol 9:190. 2014..The aim of this study was to describe outcome and toxicity of low-dose weekly gemcitabine combined with concurrent 3-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT)...
- The origins of radiotherapy: discovery of biological effects of X-rays by Freund in 1897, Kienböck's crucial experiments in 1900, and still it is the doseJoachim Widder
Dept of Radiation Oncology, University of Groningen, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Radiother Oncol 112:150-2. 2014..Present discussions about the clinical relevance of improving the dose distribution including protons and other charged particles resemble those around 1900 to a certain degree. ..
- Pulmonary oligometastases: metastasectomy or stereotactic ablative radiotherapy?Joachim Widder
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 107:409-13. 2013..We analysed consecutive patients referred via a university-hospital based multidisciplinary team...