Genomes and Genes
Willianne I M Vonk
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Cu,Zn superoxide dismutase maturation and activity are regulated by COMMD1Willianne I M Vonk
Department of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 285:28991-9000. 2010..Here, we identify COMMD1 as a novel protein regulating SOD1 activation and associate COMMD1 function with the production of free radicals...
- The copper-transporting capacity of ATP7A mutants associated with Menkes disease is ameliorated by COMMD1 as a result of improved protein expressionWillianne I M Vonk
Department of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, Netherlands Metabolomics Center, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 EA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell Mol Life Sci 69:149-63. 2012..Together, the presented data might provide a new direction for developing therapies to improve the residual exporting activity of unstable ATP7A mutant proteins, and suggests a potential role for COMMD1 in this process...
- Liver-specific Commd1 knockout mice are susceptible to hepatic copper accumulationWillianne I M Vonk
Department of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, University Medical Center Utrecht, and Netherlands Metabolomics Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 6:e29183. 2011....
- Nuclear-cytosolic transport of COMMD1 regulates NF-kappaB and HIF-1 activityPatricia A J Muller
Department of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, UMC Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Traffic 10:514-27. 2009..In conclusion, these data indicate that COMMD1 undergoes constitutive nucleocytoplasmic transport as a novel mechanism to regulate NF-kappaB and HIF-1 signaling...
- Role of transition metals in the pathogenesis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisWillianne I M Vonk
Department of Metabolic and Endocrine Diseases, University Medical Center Utrecht, Netherlands Metabolomics Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Biochem Soc Trans 36:1322-8. 2008..Recent data strengthen the hypothesis that these transition metals are excellent potential targets to develop an effective therapy for ALS...