Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Human regulatory T cell suppressive function is independent of apoptosis induction in activated effector T cellsYvonne Vercoulen
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Center for Molecular and Cellular Intervention, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e7183. 2009..Experiments in mice demonstrated that Treg restrict effector T cell (Teff) responses by deprivation of the growth factor IL-2 through Treg consumption, resulting in apoptosis of Teff...
- CD30 discriminates heat shock protein 60-induced FOXP3+ CD4+ T cells with a regulatory phenotypeIsme de Kleer
Center for Molecular and Cellular Immunology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Immunol 185:2071-9. 2010..These findings have implications for the generation and isolation of pure populations of Ag-specific Tregs, with the potential to prevent and treat human inflammatory diseases...
- Increased presence of FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in inflamed muscle of patients with active juvenile dermatomyositis compared to peripheral bloodYvonne Vercoulen
Laboratory of Translational Immunology, Pediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 9:e105353. 2014..These data show a functional impairment of Tregs in a proportion of patients with active disease, and suggest a regulatory role for Tregs in JDM inflammation...
- Regulation of Treg functionality by acetylation-mediated Foxp3 protein stabilizationJorg van Loosdregt
Molecular Immunology Lab, Department of Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 115:965-74. 2010..Manipulating Foxp3 acetylation levels could therefore provide a new therapeutic strategy to control inappropriate (auto)immune responses...
- Heat shock protein 60 reactive T cells in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: what is new?Yvonne Vercoulen
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, UMCU, Lundlaan 6 3584 EA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Res Ther 11:231. 2009..Overall, we will discuss the immune modulatory capacity of HSPs, and the underlying mechanisms of HSP60-mediated immune regulation in JIA, and how this can be translated into therapy...