Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Systemic JIA: new developments in the understanding of the pathophysiology and therapySebastiaan J Vastert
Department of Pediatric Immunology Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Lundlaan 6, 3584 EA, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 23:655-64. 2009..These therapies might also change the long-term outcome of this disease. However, controlled trials set up in international collaboration are needed to determine the optimal treatment strategies for all sJIA patients...
- Update on research and clinical translation on specific clinical areas: From bench to bedside: How insight in immune pathogenesis can lead to precision medicine of severe juvenile idiopathic arthritisSebastiaan Vastert
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Centre for Molecular and Clinical Immunology CMCI, Laboratory for Translational Medicine, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Lundlaan 6 P O Box 85090, 3584 EA 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands Electronic address
Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol 28:229-46. 2014..If successful, it will set new standards for a safe, targeted and personalized therapeutic approach for children with JIA...
- Time to shareNico M Wulffraat
Department of Pediatric Rheumatology, UMCU, Utrecht, Netherlands
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 11:5. 2013..We would therefore like to ask your collaboration in completing and returning these surveys which will be circulated March April 2013...
- Mutations in the perforin gene can be linked to macrophage activation syndrome in patients with systemic onset juvenile idiopathic arthritisSebastiaan J Vastert
Department of Paediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Lundlaan 6, 3584 EA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Rheumatology (Oxford) 49:441-9. 2010..Interestingly, SoJIA patients display decreased levels of perforin in NK cells and diminished NK cell function as well. Here, we analysed PRF1 and its putative promoter in SoJIA patients with or without a history of MAS...
- Functional human regulatory T cells fail to control autoimmune inflammation due to PKB/c-akt hyperactivation in effector cellsEllen J Wehrens
Center for Molecular and Cellular Intervention, Department of Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 118:3538-48. 2011..Furthermore, these findings suggest that for a Treg enhancing strategy to be successful in the treatment of autoimmune inflammation, resistance because of PKB/c-akt hyperactivation should be targeted as well...
- Defective phosphorylation of interleukin-18 receptor beta causes impaired natural killer cell function in systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritisWilco de Jager
Department of Pediatrics, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Immunology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 60:2782-93. 2009..Since IL-18 can drive NK cell function, we examined how the high plasma levels of this cytokine are related to the documented NK cell failure in these patients...
- FOXP3+ CD4+ Tregs lose suppressive potential but remain anergic during transient inflammation in humanAlvin W L Schadenberg
Department of Pediatric Immunology, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Immunol 41:1132-42. 2011..These data show that inflammation inhibits Treg function through soluble factors present in plasma. These results underscore the functional role of FOXP3(+) Tregs during inflammation in vivo...
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for autoimmunity induces immunologic self-tolerance by reprogramming autoreactive T cells and restoring the CD4+CD25+ immune regulatory networkIsme de Kleer
University Medical Center Utrecht, Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, Home Mailbox KC 03 063 0, Department of Pediatric Immunology, PO Box 85090, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Blood 107:1696-702. 2006....
- Development of inflammatory bowel disease in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis treated with etanerceptTrudy D van Dijken
Department of Pediatric Immunology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Rheumatol 38:1441-6. 2011..We give the clinical characteristics of the IBD in patients with JIA using etanercept...