Wim H van Harten
Affiliation: University of Twente
Country: The Netherlands
- Scenario drafting to anticipate future developments in technology assessmentValesca P Retel
Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital NKI AVL, Department of Psychosocial Research and Epidemiology, Plesmanlaan 121, Amsterdam 1066 CX, The Netherlands
BMC Res Notes 5:442. 2012..Secondly, we explored the value of this method on the case of the clinical implementation of the 70-gene signature for breast cancer, a gene expression profile for selecting patients who will benefit most from chemotherapy...
- Equipment-related incidents in the operating room: an analysis of occurrence, underlying causes and consequences for the clinical processI Wubben
Department of Health Technology and Services Research, University of Twente, PO Box 217, 7500 AE Enschede, The Netherlands
Qual Saf Health Care 19:e64. 2010..Equipment-related incidents in the operating room (OR) can affect quality of care. In this study, the authors determined the occurrence and effects on the care process in a large teaching hospital...
- Determinants of use and non-use of a web-based communication system in cerebral palsy care: evaluating the association between professionals' system use and their a priori expectancies and backgroundJitske Gulmans
Roessingh Research and Development, Research Institute for Rehabilitation and Technology, PO Box 310, 7500 AH Enschede, The Netherlands
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:43. 2011..The present study aimed to evaluate whether professionals' system use was associated with their a priori expectancies and background...
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of a preventive exercise program for patients with advanced head and neck cancer treated with concomitant chemo-radiotherapyValesca P Retel
Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital NKI AVL, Department of Psychosocial Research and Epidemiology, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
BMC Cancer 11:475. 2011..This study presents cost-effectiveness analyses of a preventive (swallowing) exercise program (PREP) compared to usual care (UC) from a health care perspective...
- Alpe d'HuZes cancer rehabilitation (A-CaRe) research: four randomized controlled exercise trials and economic evaluations in cancer patients and survivorsMai J M Chinapaw
Department of Public and Occupational Health, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Behav Med 19:143-56. 2012..However, many previous studies had methodological weaknesses related to trial design, sample size, comparison group, outcome measures, short follow-up durations and programme content...
- Head-to-head comparison of the 70-gene signature versus the 21-gene assay: cost-effectiveness and the effect of complianceValesca P Retel
Department of Psychosocial Research and Epidemiology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:627-36. 2012..With additional data, preferably from head-to-head outcome studies and especially on compliance concerning discordant test results, calculations can be made with higher degrees of certainty...