Julia Cm van Weert
Affiliation: University of Amsterdam
Country: The Netherlands
- Older cancer patients' information and communication needs: what they want is what they get?Julia C M van Weert
Amsterdam School of Communication Research ASCoR, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 92:388-97. 2013....
- QUOTEchemo: a patient-centred instrument to measure quality of communication preceding chemotherapy treatment through the patient's eyesJulia C M van Weert
Amsterdam School of Communications Research, University of Amsterdam, Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Cancer 45:2967-76. 2009....
- Effects of communication skills training and a Question Prompt Sheet to improve communication with older cancer patients: a randomized controlled trialJulia C M van Weert
Amsterdam School of Communication Research ASCoR, Department of Communication Sciences, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 80:145-59. 2011..The results indicate that nurses' communication skills can be improved by communication skills training. More research is needed to understand the difficult relationship between patient-provider communication and recall of information...
- Tailored information for cancer patients on the Internet: effects of visual cues and language complexity on information recall and satisfactionJulia C M van Weert
Department of Communication Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Patient Educ Couns 84:368-78. 2011..This study was designed to investigate the effects of visual cues and language complexity on satisfaction and information recall using a personalised website for lung cancer patients. In addition, age effects were investigated...
- Older cancer patients' information and support needs surrounding treatment: An evaluation through the eyes of patients, relatives and professionalsElise R Posma
Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research NIVEL, Box 1568, 3500 BN Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Nurs 8:1. 2009..To adapt to specific information needs, communication training for nurses and the use of aids such as a question prompt sheet could be useful tools...