F L Ubels
Affiliation: University Hospital Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- The ECG in hypothermia: Osborn wavesT J Olgers
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Centre Leeuwarden, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 64:350, 353. 2006
- Walking training for intermittent claudication in diabetesF L Ubels
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetes Care 22:198-201. 1999..We compared changes in walking distance during WT in diabetic patients with those in nondiabetic control subjects...
- Carotid intima-media thickness: influence of drug treatment and clinical implicationsF L Ubels
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 55:188-95. 1999..Looking forward to some ongoing studies, there is so far insufficient evidence that treating hypertension also inhibits progression of the IMT...
- [Diagnostic image (66). Pseudo-myocardial infarct due to pectus excavatum]F L Ubels
afd Interne Geneeskunde, Academisch Ziekenhuis, Postbus 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 145:2329. 2001..An electrocardiographic pattern of a myocardial infarction, due to a pectus excavatum, was found in a 41-year-old woman: pseudo-myocardial infarction...
- Is glycogen storage disease 1a associated with atherosclerosis?Froukje L Ubels
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, PO Box 30001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Pediatr 161:S62-4. 2002..IMT segments were comparable in both groups, with even thinner segments in the patient group. In different multivariate models, GSD 1a remained an independent predictor for a thinner IMT (R(2)=0.90; beta=-0.69; P=0.018)...
- Effects of initial and long-term lipid-lowering therapy on vascular wall characteristicsF L Ubels
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, P O Box 30 001, NL 9700 RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 154:155-61. 2001..This suggests that other effects of HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors than lipid-lowering alone must be involved in vascular changes...
- Redistribution of blood volume in type I diabetesF L Ubels
Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Groningen, P.O. Box 30.001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 44:429-32. 2001..Furthermore, they support the haemodynamic hypothesis of the pathogenesis of diabetic microangiopathy...