Machteld M Tiemessen
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Transforming growth factor-beta inhibits human antigen-specific CD4+ T cell proliferation without modulating the cytokine responseMachteld M Tiemessen
Department of Dermatology Allergology, University Medical Center, PO Box 85 500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Int Immunol 15:1495-504. 2003..In summary, TGF-beta has a pronounced inhibitory effect on antigen-specific T cell proliferation without modulating their cytokine production...
- Cow's milk-specific T-cell reactivity of children with and without persistent cow's milk allergy: key role for IL-10Machteld M Tiemessen
Department of Dermatology Allergology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85 500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Allergy Clin Immunol 113:932-9. 2004..The role of antigen-specific T cells in the mechanism of food allergy or maintenance of tolerance toward an innocuous antigen, such as cow's milk, is not yet fully understood...
- CD4 CD25 regulatory T cells are not functionally impaired in adult patients with IgE-mediated cow's milk allergyMachteld M Tiemessen
J Allergy Clin Immunol 110:934-6. 2002
- Modulation of monocyte/macrophage function by human CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cellsLeonie S Taams
Infection and Immunity Research Group, Franklin Wilkins Building, King s College London, UK
Hum Immunol 66:222-30. 2005..Together, these data demonstrate that CD4+CD25+ Tregs can exert direct suppressive effects on monocytes/macrophages, thereby affecting subsequent innate and adaptive immune responses...
- Lack of suppressive CD4+CD25+FOXP3+ T cells in advanced stages of primary cutaneous T-cell lymphomaMachteld M Tiemessen
Immunobiology Department, Division of Immunology, Infection and Inflammatory Disease, King's College London School of Medicine at Guy's, King's College and St Thomas' Hospitals, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 126:2217-23. 2006..Our findings thus indicate a dysfunction of peripheral Tregs in certain CTCL patients, which correlates with tumor burden...