Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Automated and visual scoring methods of cerebral white matter hyperintensities: relation with age and cognitive functionA M Tiehuis
Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cerebrovasc Dis 25:59-66. 2008..We compared an automated and two visual WMH scoring methods in their relations with age and cognitive function...
- Cerebral perfusion in relation to cognitive function and type 2 diabetesA M Tiehuis
Department of Radiology and Image Sciences Institute, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 51:1321-6. 2008..In the general population, cerebral hypoperfusion is a risk factor for cognitive dysfunction and dementia. Reduced cerebral perfusion may account for cognitive impairments in diabetic patients relative to controls...
- Cognitive dysfunction and its clinical and radiological determinants in patients with symptomatic arterial disease and diabetesA M Tiehuis
Department of Radiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Neurol Sci 283:170-4. 2009..In patients with symptomatic arterial disease, we studied the effect of DM2 on cognition and identified clinical and radiological determinants for impaired cognition in patients with DM2...
- MR spectroscopy of cerebral white matter in type 2 diabetes; no association with clinical variables and cognitive performanceAudrey Tiehuis
Department of Radiology Hp E01 332, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neuroradiology 52:155-61. 2010..We investigated whether abnormalities in neuronal metabolism or membrane integrity in normal appearing cerebral white matter are associated with cognitive impairment in patients with DM2...
- Accelerated cognitive decline in patients with type 2 diabetes: MRI correlates and risk factorsYael D Reijmer
Department of Neurology, Rudolf Magnus Institute of Neurosciences, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 27:195-202. 2011..Type 2 diabetes mellitus is associated with an increased risk of cognitive decline and dementia. We examined brain imaging correlates and vascular and metabolic risk factors of accelerated cognitive decline in patients with type 2 diabetes...
- [A combined protocol using CT, CT perfusion and CT angiography for the evaluation of cerebral ischemia]A M Tiehuis
Universitair Medisch Centrum Utrecht, Postbus 85 500, 3508 GA Utrecht
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 151:177-83. 2007..Current and future research will have to determine the definitive value of these techniques in clinical practice...