Affiliation: University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Stress responsivity in children with externalizing behavior disordersHeddeke Snoek
University Medical Center Utrecht, Rudolf Magnus Institute for Neurosciences, The Netherlands
Dev Psychopathol 16:389-406. 2004..It was concluded that differences in cortisol responsivity during stress exposure are important in distinguishing within a group of children with externalizing behavior between those with ODD and ADHD...
- Response perseveration and sensitivity to reward and punishment in boys with oppositional defiant disorderWalter Matthys
Dept of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Medical Center Utrecht, P O Box 85500, 3508, GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 13:362-4. 2004..These results suggest that response perseveration in ODD boys is related to low punishment sensitivity and that skin conductance level is a marker of punishment sensitivity...
- Serotonergic functioning in children with oppositional defiant disorder: a sumatriptan challenge studyHeddeke Snoek
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, B01 201, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, Utrecht 3508 GA, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 51:319-25. 2002..The aim of the present study was to investigate 5-HT(1B/1D) receptor functioning in normal intelligent hospitalized children with oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)...
- Cortisol and treatment effect in children with disruptive behavior disorders: a preliminary studyNicolle M H van de Wiel
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Medical Center, The Netherlands
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:1011-8. 2004..Basal cortisol and cortisol stress responsivity are valuable biological characteristics of children with disruptive behavior disorder (DBD). In this study, the predictive value of cortisol to outcome of intervention was investigated...
- Executive functioning in children: a comparison of hospitalised ODD and ODD/ADHD children and normal controlsStephanie H M van Goozen
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:284-92. 2004..We tested the hypothesis that oppositional-defiant disorder (ODD) children with or without attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have problems in executive functioning...
- Evidence of fearlessness in behaviourally disordered children: a study on startle reflex modulationStephanie H M van Goozen
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:884-92. 2004..Until now, the startle paradigm has not been used in DBD children. We investigated whether DBD children, like adult psychopaths, process emotional stimuli in an abnormal way...