Jelle J Sijtsema
Affiliation: University of Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Empirical test of bullies' status goals: assessing direct goals, aggression, and prestigeJelle J Sijtsema
ICS, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Aggress Behav 35:57-67. 2009..Eighth-grade bullies had more direct status goals than fourth-grade bullies, possibly indicating that striving for the popularity component of status increases in early adolescence...
- Effects of family cohesion and heart rate reactivity on aggressive/rule-breaking behavior and prosocial behavior in adolescence: the Tracking Adolescents' Individual Lives Survey studyJelle Jurrit Sijtsema
University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Dev Psychopathol 25:699-712. 2013..The results of the present study raise the possibility that stress reactivity may no longer operate as a mechanism of differential susceptibility in adolescence. ..
- Heart rate and antisocial behavior: mediation and moderation by affiliation with bullies. the TRAILS StudyJelle J Sijtsema
Interuniversity Center for Social Science Theory and Methodology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Adolesc Health 52:102-7. 2013..However, the effect of low HR may be mediated by affiliation with bullies. We hypothesized that individuals with low HR are more likely to affiliate with bullies and in turn are influenced by these peers...
- Do they get what they want or are they stuck with what they can get? Testing homophily against default selection for friendships of highly aggressive boys. The TRAILS studyJelle J Sijtsema
Department of Sociology, University of Groningen, Grote Rozenstraat 31, 9712 TG, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Abnorm Child Psychol 38:803-13. 2010..In sum, for friendships of highly overt aggressive boys, the evidence favors default selection over homophily selection...
- Mediation of sensation seeking and behavioral inhibition on the relationship between heart rate and antisocial behavior: the TRAILS studyJelle J Sijtsema
Department of Sociology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:493-502. 2010..However, the relationship between HR and rule breaking in adolescence was predicted to be mediated by sensation seeking, but not by behavioral inhibition. Hypotheses were tested separately for boys and girls...
- Physiological reactivity and different forms of aggression in girls: moderating roles of rejection sensitivity and peer rejectionJelle J Sijtsema
Department of Sociology, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Biol Psychol 86:181-92. 2011..These findings contribute to our understanding of the relationship between physiological reactivity and different forms of aggression in girls...