Affiliation: University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Worldwide evaluation of DNA sequencing approaches for identification of drug resistance mutations in the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptaseR Schuurman
Department of Virology, University Hospital Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 37:2291-6. 1999..The application of these procedures in their current state would in several cases lead to inaccurate or even incorrect diagnostic results. Therefore, proper quality control and standardization are urgently needed...
- Replication of a pre-existing resistant HIV-1 subpopulation in vivo after introduction of a strong selective drug pressureM D de Jong
Department of Virology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antivir Ther 1:33-41. 1996..The extensive repercussions for subsequent treatment of even a minor subpopulation of naturally occurring drug-resistant variants observed in this study must be considered in future therapeutic strategies...
- Multicenter external quality assessment of molecular methods for detection of human herpesvirus 6P J de Pagter
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Virology, Utrecht, Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 48:2536-40. 2010..Standardization needs to be improved to allow further elucidation of the clinical significance of HHV-6 loads...
- Multicenter comparison of three commercial methods for quantification of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA in plasmaR Schuurman
Eijkman Winkler Institute for Medical Microbiology, Department of Virology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 34:3016-22. 1996..In all assays, similar changes in plasma HIV-1 RNA concentrations were determined for longitudinally collected clinical samples...
- Evaluation of automated nucleic acid extraction devices for application in HCV NATJ M Jongerius
Blood Bank Midden Nederland, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Transfusion 40:871-4. 2000..The sensitivity for HCV RNA extraction achieved by three commercially available laboratory kits was compared...
- Simultaneous detection of influenza viruses A and B using real-time quantitative PCRL J van Elden
Department of Virology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 39:196-200. 2001..This real-time PCR technique was found to be more sensitive than the combination of conventional viral culturing and shell vial culturing...
- Application of UL144 molecular typing to determine epidemiology of cytomegalovirus infections in preterm infantsR Stranska
Department of Virology, Eijkman Winkler Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 44:1108-10. 2006..Indistinguishable molecular profiles between strains from the mother and the infant indicated postnatal acquisition of CMV through breastfeeding...