Affiliation: University Medical Center
Country: The Netherlands
- Worldwide evaluation of DNA sequencing approaches for identification of drug resistance mutations in the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptaseR Schuurman
Department of Virology, University Hospital Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 37:2291-6. 1999..The application of these procedures in their current state would in several cases lead to inaccurate or even incorrect diagnostic results. Therefore, proper quality control and standardization are urgently needed...
- Replication of a pre-existing resistant HIV-1 subpopulation in vivo after introduction of a strong selective drug pressureM D de Jong
Department of Virology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Antivir Ther 1:33-41. 1996..The extensive repercussions for subsequent treatment of even a minor subpopulation of naturally occurring drug-resistant variants observed in this study must be considered in future therapeutic strategies...
- Multicenter external quality assessment of molecular methods for detection of human herpesvirus 6P J de Pagter
University Medical Center Utrecht, Department of Virology, Utrecht, Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 48:2536-40. 2010..Standardization needs to be improved to allow further elucidation of the clinical significance of HHV-6 loads...
- Multicenter comparison of three commercial methods for quantification of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 RNA in plasmaR Schuurman
Eijkman Winkler Institute for Medical Microbiology, Department of Virology, Utrecht University, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 34:3016-22. 1996..In all assays, similar changes in plasma HIV-1 RNA concentrations were determined for longitudinally collected clinical samples...
- Increased proportion of perforin-expressing CD8+T-cells indicates control of herpesvirus reactivation in children after stem cell transplantationP J de Pagter
Dept of Immunology, Hematology and BMT, University Medical Center Utrecht, Lundlaan 6, 3584 CX, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Clin Immunol 148:92-8. 2013..1-7.1). We conclude that perforin-expression in CD8+T-cells may be a marker for effective antiviral T-cell reconstitution early after HSCT in children...
- Human herpes virus 6 reactivation: important predictor for poor outcome after myeloablative, but not non-myeloablative allo-SCTP J A de Pagter
Department of Immunology Hematology and BMT, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Bone Marrow Transplant 48:1460-4. 2013..001) and NRM (P=0.03). Regular monitoring of HHV6 reactivation after HSCT might be important in MA HSCT patients to enable early initiation of antiviral treatment or to anticipate aGVHD, all of which may improve clinical outcome. ..
- Evaluation of automated nucleic acid extraction devices for application in HCV NATJ M Jongerius
Blood Bank Midden Nederland, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Transfusion 40:871-4. 2000..The sensitivity for HCV RNA extraction achieved by three commercially available laboratory kits was compared...
- Simultaneous detection of influenza viruses A and B using real-time quantitative PCRL J van Elden
Department of Virology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 39:196-200. 2001..This real-time PCR technique was found to be more sensitive than the combination of conventional viral culturing and shell vial culturing...
- Application of UL144 molecular typing to determine epidemiology of cytomegalovirus infections in preterm infantsR Stranska
Department of Virology, Eijkman Winkler Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 44:1108-10. 2006..Indistinguishable molecular profiles between strains from the mother and the infant indicated postnatal acquisition of CMV through breastfeeding...