A A T Simone Reinders
Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Brain activation during human male ejaculationGert Holstege
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, University of Groningen, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
J Neurosci 23:9185-93. 2003....
- The robustness of perceptionA A T S Reinders
NeuroImage Nord, Department of Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 22:524-30. 2005..Our data indicate that emotionally salient information processing is (i) mediated by the amygdala and (ii) more robust than for nonsalient stimuli as it shows a significantly lower perceptual threshold...
- Psychobiological characteristics of dissociative identity disorder: a symptom provocation studyA A T Simone Reinders
Department of Biological Psychiatry, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 60:730-40. 2006..NIS inhibit access to traumatic memories thereby enabling daily life functioning. TIS have access and responses to these memories. We tested whether these DIS show different psychobiological reactions to trauma-related memory...
- Detecting fearful and neutral faces: BOLD latency differences in amygdala-hippocampal junctionA A T S Reinders
NeuroImage Nord, Institute for Systems Neuroscience, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany
Neuroimage 33:805-14. 2006..Our findings support the theory of a dual route architecture in which the subcortical thalamic-hippocampal-amygdala route serves fast preconscious threat perception...
- Brain activation during human male ejaculation revisitedJanniko R Georgiadis
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Neuroreport 18:553-7. 2007..This revision offers a new and more accurate insight into the brain regions involved in human male ejaculation...
- Men versus women on sexual brain function: prominent differences during tactile genital stimulation, but not during orgasmJanniko R Georgiadis
Department of Neurosciences, Section Anatomy, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Hum Brain Mapp 30:3089-101. 2009..These results add to a better understanding of the neural underpinnings of human sexuality, which might benefit treatment of psychosexual disorders...
- Regional cerebral blood flow changes associated with clitorally induced orgasm in healthy womenJanniko R Georgiadis
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, bldg 3215 room 729, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Neurosci 24:3305-16. 2006..In addition, the deep cerebellar nuclei may be involved in orgasm-specific muscle contractions while the involvement of the ventral midbrain and right caudate nucleus suggests a role for dopamine in female sexual arousal and orgasm...
- Quantitative and qualitative assessment of structural magnetic resonance imaging data in a two-center studySima Chalavi
Department of Neuroscience, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
BMC Med Imaging 12:27. 2012....
- Cross-examining dissociative identity disorder: neuroimaging and etiology on trialA A T Simone Reinders
King s College London, Institute of Psychiatry, Division of Psychological Medicine, London, UK
Neurocase 14:44-53. 2008..This paper discusses whether brain imaging studies can inform the judiciary and/or distinguish the etiology of DID...
- rCBF differences between panic disorder patients and control subjects during anticipatory anxiety and restMarjolein L Boshuisen
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Biological Psychiatry, Graduate School of Behavioral and Cognitive Neurosciences, Groningen University Hospital, The Netherlands
Biol Psychiatry 52:126-35. 2002..Our goal was to identify brain structures involved in anticipatory anxiety in panic disorder (PD) patients compared to control subjects...