Jan J Meeuse
Affiliation: University Medical Center Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Rhodococcus equi infection after alemtuzumab therapy for T-cell prolymphocytic leukemiaJan J Meeuse
University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1942-3. 2007..Alemtuzumab, an anti-CD52 monoclonal antibody, causes lymphocytopenia by eliminating CD52-positive cells. We report a patient in whom Rhodococcus equi infection developed after alemtuzumab therapy...
- Five-year follow-up of a cordotomyJan J Meeuse
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Pain Res Manag 13:506-10. 2008..Sensory dysfunction was observed in the left side of the body, but no motor neuron or autonomic dysfunction was observed. The influence of these long-term effects on the patient's daily activities was limited...
- Listening to music does not reduce pain during sigmoidoscopyJan J Meeuse
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Palliative Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:942-5. 2010..Music might have the potential of pain reduction, but its effect during sigmoidoscopy has not been established yet. To study whether listening to music reduces experienced pain during sigmoidoscopy...
- Cancer patients use hospital-based care until death: a further analysis of the Dutch Bone Metastasis StudyJan J Meeuse
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
J Palliat Med 14:1117-27. 2011..To describe health care utilization (HCU) at the end of life in cancer patients. These data are relevant to plan palliative care services, and to develop training programs for involved health care professionals...
- Efficacy of radiotherapy for painful bone metastases during the last 12 weeks of life: results from the Dutch Bone Metastasis StudyJan J Meeuse
Department of Internal Medicine, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Cancer 116:2716-25. 2010..Whether this applies also in patients with limited survival remains to be investigated. This study analyzed the effect of radiotherapy for painful bone metastases in patients with a survival < or =12 weeks...