Fabrice M A C Martens
Affiliation: University Medical Center Utrecht
Country: The Netherlands
- Signaling of angiotensin II-induced vascular protein synthesis in conduit and resistance arteries in vivoChristine Daigle
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, PO Box 6128, Station Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, H3C 3J7 Canada
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 4:6. 2004..The aim of the present study was to determine some of the signaling pathways mediating angiotensin II (Ang II)-induced protein synthesis in vivo in large and small arteries...
- Metabolic and additional vascular effects of thiazolidinedionesFabrice M A C Martens
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Vascular Medicine and Diabetology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Room F 02 126, Heidelberglaan 100, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Drugs 62:1463-80. 2002..Furthermore, thiazolidinediones could have specific, direct effects on processes involved in the development of vascular abnormalities...
- Short-term pioglitazone treatment improves vascular function irrespective of metabolic changes in patients with type 2 diabetesFabrice M A C Martens
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Vascular Medicine and Diabetology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 46:773-8. 2005..Short-term pioglitazone treatment ameliorates endothelial dysfunction in conduit arteries irrespective of changes in insulin, FFA, adiponectin, or CRP in type 2 patients with diabetes...
- TNF-alpha induces endothelial dysfunction in diabetic adults, an effect reversible by the PPAR-gamma agonist pioglitazoneFabrice M A C Martens
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Vascular Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, F02 126, Heidelberglaan 100, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur Heart J 27:1605-9. 2006....
- Carotid arterial stiffness is marginally higher in the metabolic syndrome and markedly higher in type 2 diabetes mellitus in patients with manifestations of arterial diseaseFabrice M A C Martens
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Vascular Medicine, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Atherosclerosis 197:646-53. 2008..Therefore, in the present study we determined whether the metabolic syndrome (MetSyn) and type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM2) are associated with carotid artery stiffness in patients with already clinical manifestations of arterial disease...