Anton J M Loonen
Affiliation: University of Groningen
Country: The Netherlands
- Circuits regulating pleasure and happiness in major depressionA J M Loonen
Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 87:14-21. 2016..Hyperactivity of the extrapyramidal CSTC circuit results in craving, whereas hyperactivity of the limbic system results in dysphoria. ..
- No involvement of the adenosine A2A receptor in tardive dyskinesia in Russian psychiatric inpatients from SiberiaSvetlana A Ivanova
Mental Health Research Institute SB RAMSci, Tomsk, Russian Federation
Hum Psychopharmacol 27:334-7. 2012..The adenosine A2A receptor forms a heteromeric complex with the striatal dopamine D2 receptor. We examined whether a specific polymorphism in adenosine A2A receptor (2592 C/Tins) is associated with tardive dyskinesia...
- NMDA receptor genotypes associated with the vulnerability to develop dyskinesiaS A Ivanova
Mental Health Research Institute, Tomsk, Russia
Transl Psychiatry 2:e67. 2012..This suggested that LID, TD and HD might arise from the same neuronal pathways, but TD results from a different mechanism...
- Improvement of care for the physical health of patients with severe mental illness: a qualitative study assessing the view of patients and familiesFenneke M van Hasselt
Pharmacotherapy and Pharmaceutical Care, University of Groningen, Antonius Deusinglaan 1, Groningen 9713 AV, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 13:426. 2013..We asked both patients and their families about their views on the current organization of care, and how this care could be improved...
- New insights into the mechanism of drug-induced dyskinesiaAnton J M Loonen
Department of Pharmacy, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
CNS Spectr 18:15-20. 2013..Both pathways are activated by glutamatergic corticostriatal neurons. Here,we discuss some evidence that supports the hypothesis that indirect pathway MSNs are damaged in dyskinesia...