- Post-transcriptional regulation of α-1-antichymotrypsin by microRNA-137 in chronic heart failure and mechanical supportSjoukje I Lok
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circ Heart Fail 6:853-61. 2013..In the present study, proteomics identified significant changes in α-1-antichymotrypsin (ACT) levels during LVAD support. Moreover, the potential role of ACT in reverse remodeling was studied in detail...
- Circulating growth differentiation factor-15 correlates with myocardial fibrosis in patients with non-ischaemic dilated cardiomyopathy and decreases rapidly after left ventricular assist device supportSjoukje I Lok
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Heart Fail 14:1249-56. 2012..Left ventricular assist devices (LVADs) provide unloading of the left ventricle, resulting in partial reverse remodelling. Our aim was to study GDF-15 in patients with a non-ischaemic dilated cardiomyopathy (DCM) during LVAD support...
- [Peripartum cardiomyopathy in young women]Sjoukje I Lok
Universitair Medisch Centrum, afd Cardiologie, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 155:A2937. 2011..In addition, prior definitions emphasising strict time windows, the lack of awareness and the rarity of the full-blown disease have sometimes resulted in the condition being overlooked and misdiagnosed...
- Single-centre experience of 85 patients with a continuous-flow left ventricular assist device: clinical practice and outcome after extended supportSjoukje I Lok
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center, Utrecht, Netherlands
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 44:e233-8. 2013..We evaluated our single-centre clinical experience with the HeartMate II (HM II) left ventricular assist device (LVAD) as a bridge to transplantation (BTT) in end-stage heart failure (HF) patients...
- Functional and haemodynamic recovery after implantation of continuous-flow left ventricular assist devices in comparison with pulsatile left ventricular assist devices in patients with end-stage heart failureRalph V Pruijsten
Division of Heart and Lungs, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Eur J Heart Fail 14:319-25. 2012..In this study, we investigated whether there is difference in functional and haemodynamic recovery after implantation of pulsatile and continuous-flow pumps...